Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
Depends on your definition of bleeding. Blood is of course, sterile, or supposed to be. A little oozing isn’t a problem. Active bleeding is. This however, isn’t really my subject of expertise. I for example have no idea when you would need to stitch in a would drain for example, and you can start to go down a road with stitches that is very much not for the untrained person, however competent. A surgeon can sew blood vessels shut. I would say anyone not extensively trained should have to stick to closing wounds, which is really just using a thread to pull separated pieces of skin together so it can grow closed.
That is the answer I got basically, stapling a wound shut won't stop bleeding and is mainly used (hospital wise) to close wounds that have had all the internal layers sutured up.

So circles back to my question, in a field area, what good is a stapler? I would think that pack/wrap is the way to solve a massive bleed, or a TQ if its arterial. Guess you could celox a deep venous cut and then staple flesh shut for movement purposes?

Guess I got some reading to do.