Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA Sheriffs use COVID as a reason to suspend LTCF processing.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Who has the authority to do such an extension? Is there actual law that says that it can be extended?
    Don’t know. Just relaying what my city email said. Don’t lock anybody up with an expired LTCF until at least July 31. I guess I can stop salivating for now.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Who has the authority to do such an extension? Is there actual law that says that it can be extended?
    No law, just dictate like everything else going on.

Obviously this is a 'good' dictate... But on the same note it can be taken away just as easily. Maybe the department chooses to arrest and then the DA chooses to prosecute... And at the end of the day you technically broke the law.

(Bucks County)

Authority comes implicit with the mandate. If the commonwealth legally demands that you be licensed to carry concealed, it has the legal responsibility to provide the license and the means to acquire it. Putting the expiration date in abeyance is a reasonable extension of that authority.
    So ruled, so mote it be. Bang.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Lancaster County)

Lancaster County - Put my application for renewal in the mail on 5/15. Got a call on 5/20 that everything was good to go and scheduled an appointment to go pick it up next week. Pretty hassle free actually.

(Lackawanna County)

Uh, Hey Berks...might wanna look up the law on that: "...enforce...Motor Vehicle Code.".
    Last edited by wa3ra; May 22nd, 2020 at 10:13 PM.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Bucks County)

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/PA-St...spx?newsid=547

05/21/2020

Wolf Administration Grants Second Extension to License to Carry Firearm Permits

​Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania State Police announced today that Governor Tom Wolf has granted an additional extension to license to carry firearms permits. Permits, which expired on March 19, 2020 or later, have now been extended to July 31, 2020. The previous extension was set to expire on May 30.

The extension of license to carry permit expiration dates is necessary due to the closure of some county courthouses and sheriff's offices, as well as other ongoing COVID-19 mitigation efforts.

In Pennsylvania, an individual 21-years-old or older may apply for a license to carry firearms by submitting a completed application to the sheriff of the county in which they reside or, if a resident of a city of the first class, with the chief of police of that city. The sheriff has 45 days to investigate and determine an individual's eligibility to be issued a license, which is valid for five years.

A license to carry firearms is required to carry a firearm concealed on one's person or in a vehicle. Any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person except in his place of abode or fixed place of business without a valid and lawfully issued license commits a felony of the third degree. and fuck what that constitution says.

For more information on carrying a firearm in Pennsylvania, visit psp.pa.gov.

MEDIA CONTACT: Trooper Brent Miller or Ryan Tarkowski, 717-783-5556

# # #
    Last edited by Bang; May 23rd, 2020 at 01:49 AM.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Delaware County)

So what am I supposed to do if I am trying to get my LTCF for the first time? I work in Philly, live in Delco. It's getting bad in the city... I'm so mad at myself for putting it off, but now I have no way to exercise my right to protect myself in a rapidly degrading environment. I just had a gun stolen from my car in Philly. They just took the whole lock box. Philly cops I reported it to told me that I won't be able to get me LTCF because someone stole a firearm from me. This is getting crazy and I'm getting angry and feeling quite unsafe.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TimRaynor View Post
    So what am I supposed to do if I am trying to get my LTCF for the first time? I work in Philly, live in Delco. It's getting bad in the city... I'm so mad at myself for putting it off, but now I have no way to exercise my right to protect myself in a rapidly degrading environment. I just had a gun stolen from my car in Philly. They just took the whole lock box. Philly cops I reported it to told me that I won't be able to get me LTCF because someone stole a firearm from me. This is getting crazy and I'm getting angry and feeling quite unsafe.
    I assume the stolen gun was a rifle or shotgun. There are very few ways you could legally have a firearm in your car and i dont haves the feeling it was stolen at a gunshop or shooting range.

Were you charged with anything? Yea I know you were the victim but we are talking about Philadelphia. If you were not charged then Philadelphia county has no say in if you get a LTCF. You get it from the Delco sheriff.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TimRaynor View Post
    If you live in Delco that is where you have to apply. You won't have to deal with Philadelphia any.

Without a LTCF I assume you were transporting your firearm complying with one of the exceptions.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    If you live in Delco that is where you have to apply. You won't have to deal with Philadelphia any.

Without a LTCF I assume you were transporting your firearm complying with one of the exceptions.
    Yes it was after a range trip, locked with ammo separated. It was a handgun. Actually the first time I ever got a chance to shoot it after a year.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast