Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA Sheriffs use COVID as a reason to suspend LTCF processing.

Quote Originally Posted by TimRaynor View Post
    So what am I supposed to do if I am trying to get my LTCF for the first time? I work in Philly, live in Delco. It's getting bad in the city... I'm so mad at myself for putting it off, but now I have no way to exercise my right to protect myself in a rapidly degrading environment. I just had a gun stolen from my car in Philly. They just took the whole lock box. Philly cops I reported it to told me that I won't be able to get me LTCF because someone stole a firearm from me. This is getting crazy and I'm getting angry and feeling quite unsafe.
    I assume the stolen gun was a rifle or shotgun. There are very few ways you could legally have a firearm in your car and i dont haves the feeling it was stolen at a gunshop or shooting range.

Were you charged with anything? Yea I know you were the victim but we are talking about Philadelphia. If you were not charged then Philadelphia county has no say in if you get a LTCF. You get it from the Delco sheriff.

(Philadelphia County)

So what am I supposed to do if I am trying to get my LTCF for the first time? I work in Philly, live in Delco. It's getting bad in the city... I'm so mad at myself for putting it off, but now I have no way to exercise my right to protect myself in a rapidly degrading environment. I just had a gun stolen from my car in Philly. They just took the whole lock box. Philly cops I reported it to told me that I won't be able to get me LTCF because someone stole a firearm from me. This is getting crazy and I'm getting angry and feeling quite unsafe.
    If you live in Delco that is where you have to apply. You won't have to deal with Philadelphia any.

Without a LTCF I assume you were transporting your firearm complying with one of the exceptions.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    If you live in Delco that is where you have to apply. You won't have to deal with Philadelphia any.

Without a LTCF I assume you were transporting your firearm complying with one of the exceptions.
    Yes it was after a range trip, locked with ammo separated. It was a handgun. Actually the first time I ever got a chance to shoot it after a year.

(Delaware County)

No I was not charged with anything, I reported as soon as I found out. Still I don't want to derail this thread, I'm more concerned about how I go about finally applying.

I had a gun stolen from me in montco, from someone in philly, I still get my license every 5 years.
    I'm in delco. I just got a call from lower merion pd asking if it turned up, I get that call every three years.

(Adams County)

Another Pandemic Panic data point from Adams County. My expiration was 1 April. Back in February, the sheriff sent me a letter that my LTCF was up for renewal along with the form to fill out & mail back, which I did. Then Dear Leader Kim, err, I mean Tom decided to put us all on house arrest so I didn't know what was going to happen next. Extensions to expiration date, blah, blah, blah and then on Friday I got another letter in the mail from the sheriff telling me my LTCF renewal was approved, and to call them to make an appointment to pick it up. Went to Gettysburg this morning at 10:15 and found a parking spot right across the street from the courthouse. Of course had to wear a mask to go inside due to Dear Leader Kim. um, Tom. A couple of other people were in the entrance area but I was the only customer downstairs and shortly walked out with my new license, which now expires 5 years from today. I had bought 30 minutes on the parking meter, and when I drove away I left 19 minutes for the next customer.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122