Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: PA Sheriffs use COVID as a reason to suspend LTCF processing.

Quote Originally Posted by lager1829 View Post
    Lancaster County is accepting by mail (sorry if someone posted this already) https://www.co.lancaster.pa.us/160/Sheriffs-Office
    Thank you very much. My LTCF is good but I believe my sons is due for renewal soon and was concerned. Sheriff Levindoski has already rolled back his support for our 2nd amendment rights since being in office. I'm not impressed at all. You on the other hand are doing one hell of a job.

(Delaware County)

I requested an Arizona non-res ccw application package on-line and they responded by email within 24 hours that package was mailed. Hope this bodes well for the processing once I send back. Have friends/family who are LEO so also hoping no problems getting finger-printed locally right now. I want to be able to ccw in Delaware as I'm right on the border and let my FL licence expire.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I requested an Arizona non-res ccw application package on-line and they responded by email within 24 hours that package was mailed. Hope this bodes well for the processing once I send back. Have friends/family who are LEO so also hoping no problems getting finger-printed locally right now. I want to be able to ccw in Delaware as I'm right on the border and let my FL licence expire.
    AZ is by far the best pistol permit processing state I have encountered. Swift, proactive, and very helpful. And reasonably priced!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    I was just advised that the Wolf Administration and PSP will be granting extensions to license to carry firearm permits. https://blog.princelaw.com/2020/04/0...arry-firearms/
    Alright please explain to me how the governor and the state police can change the law and magically extend the expiration date of any license? All my life I thought laws got changed by writing and passing bills. If licenses expire only by fiat then why should they expire at all. I just ripped Pyle a new a.h. over this. Please rock my world. Were ltcf law written with no expiration date? Were they perpetual? How did this get into the books so to speak?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Alright please explain to me how the governor and the state police can change the law and magically extend the expiration date of any license? All my life I thought laws got changed by writing and passing bills. If licenses expire only by fiat then why should they expire at all. I just ripped Pyle a new a.h. over this. Please rock my world. Were ltcf law written with no expiration date? Were they perpetual? How did this get into the books so to speak?
    A better question would be how we missed it.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

On the books you get 6 months after your license expires. So a LTCF does expire. My guess is the law didn't change but they decided not to arrest / hassle anyone if it is expired. Not enforcing a law is different than changing it.

(Franklin County)

It's not a change in law. It's basically an official agreement to not enforce the laws that are on the books, just as they've done for DMV related matters (and illegal immigrants, and needle exchanges, etc.). I agree that it's not legal, but I hardly think anyone will be suing to have it enforced and begging to be arrested because their lawful expiration date has passed. Of course, because they're doing this so freely, the next move could be martial law, and the refusal to honor any LTCFs at all.

But I'll be dead then, so I won't have any idea how that all plays out long term.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    On the books you get 6 months after your license expires. So a LTCF does expire. My guess is the law didn't change but they decided not to arrest / hassle anyone if it is expired. Not enforcing a law is different than changing it.
    Yes your right. Its the very heart of discrimination. Gun laws were created for them negroes not the regular white folk. For fuks sake i thought we cleared up the lie about on the books you get...... Wait an effin minute. Your trolling me. Lol. Got me good that time.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    I was just advised that the Wolf Administration and PSP will be granting extensions to license to carry firearm permits. https://blog.princelaw.com/2020/04/0...arry-firearms/
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SigForLife again."
    --ET

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    It's not a change in law. It's basically an official agreement to not enforce the laws that are on the books, just as they've done for DMV related matters (and illegal immigrants, and needle exchanges, etc.). I agree that it's not legal, but I hardly think anyone will be suing to have it enforced and begging to be arrested because their lawful expiration date has passed. Of course, because they're doing this so freely, the next move could be martial law, and the refusal to honor any LTCFs at all.

But I'll be dead then, so I won't have any idea how that all plays out long term.
    Take your gun and expired ltcf to Philadelphia and open carry it to make sure they illegally ask to see your ''permit". Lets see how that works out.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast