Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Philadelphia County)

Default PA COVID-19 Restrictions- PICS to shutdown?

With Wolf shutting down "non-essential" business and services statewide due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, will PICS get shutdown, taking away the ability for FFLs to sell and transfer firearms?

Has PSP given any guidance or an inkling of future plans to FFLs?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: PA COVID-19 Restrictions- PICS to shutdown?

If non-essential businesses are shut down will there be any gun stores open to sell guns?

(Centre County)

I'm a FFL and haven't heard anything from the PSP about PICS being shut down. There are still a lot of places that do online bought transfers that don't have store fronts and as far as I know, Wolf can't stop someone from coming to my home (at least not at this time). I've used PICS several times per day over the past week and weekend and haven't noticed any major problems.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

damn i hope not i finally gave in on a new purchase.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    If non-essential businesses are shut down will there be any gun stores open to sell guns?
    Good question. The term "non-essential" appears to be somewhat left to interpretation. During the news conference Wolf also said “We’re not sending out the State Police or National Guard to enforce this,” he said. “This is not your government mandating anything.”

So, if he's not mandating anything and not enforcing anything, why have the news conference and issue the order?

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    Good question. The term "non-essential" appears to be somewhat left to interpretation. During the news conference Wolf also said “We’re not sending out the State Police or National Guard to enforce this,” he said. “This is not your government mandating anything.”

So, if he's not mandating anything and not enforcing anything, why have the news conference and issue the order?
    So that it is there when he decides he wants to send out the National Guard and the State Police. I imagine there are fines and penalties that apply too. So, even if enforcement is delayed, they will get a list of all the law breakers trying to make a living and prosecute them later.

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post

That just changed. Call it what you will, I call it martial law. State Police and others with law enforcement powers such as license revocation are now commanded to enforce the emergency declaration. Gun confiscations cannot be too far in the future. Governor Wolf has proven himself to be unconstrained by law in the past, and will suffer not constraints going forward. His and Shapiro's antics over the gun parts ban required active participation from the PA State Police. That organization has become a Democrat Party fiefdom and is thoroughly partisan -- a paramilitary arm of the Democrat Party and one that no citizen can trust any longer.

From the article:

"I had hoped for voluntary compliance so our public safety officials could focus on assisting with the crisis,” Wolf said in a video statement. “Unfortunately we have not seen full compliance. We have no time to lose.”

Wolf said his order would be enforced by state troopers, local officials, the state Health and Agriculture departments and the Liquor Control Board. The two-term governor had previously said he would not use police for enforcement.

Businesses that fail to comply risk citations, fines or license suspensions, and “forfeit their ability to receive any applicable disaster relief and/or may be subject to other appropriate administrative action,” Wolf’s office said in a statement.

Criminal prosecution is also a possibility, with violators subject to fines or imprisonment, Wolf’s office said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-to-shut-down/
    Last edited by Wilderness 1864; March 20th, 2020 at 09:37 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    That just changed. Call it what you will, I call it martial law. State Police and others with law enforcement powers such as license revocation are now commanded to enforce the emergency declaration. Gun confiscations cannot be too far in the future. Governor Wolf has proven himself to be unconstrained by law in the past, and will suffer not constraints going forward. His and Shapiro's antics over the gun parts ban required active participation from the PA State Police. That organization has become a Democrat Party fiefdom and is thoroughly partisan -- a paramilitary arm of the Democrat Party and one that no citizen can trust any longer.

From the article:

"I had hoped for voluntary compliance so our public safety officials could focus on assisting with the crisis,” Wolf said in a video statement. “Unfortunately we have not seen full compliance. We have no time to lose.”

Wolf said his order would be enforced by state troopers, local officials, the state Health and Agriculture departments and the Liquor Control Board. The two-term governor had previously said he would not use police for enforcement.

Businesses that fail to comply risk citations, fines or license suspensions, and “forfeit their ability to receive any applicable disaster relief and/or may be subject to other appropriate administrative action,” Wolf’s office said in a statement.

Criminal prosecution is also a possibility, with violators subject to fines or imprisonment, Wolf’s office said.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-to-shut-down/
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Beaver County)

Never let a crisis go to waste.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    You're implying gun shops aren't essential.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast