Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA COVID-19 Restrictions- PICS to shutdown?

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Online is the way to go. I just got 500 rds of 9mm of sportsman outdoor superstore.
    Well...you ordered it, when you'll get it remains to be seen. My most LGS told me that they are following orders to close down at 1700 tomorrow until advised otherwise. With that all else is irrelevant. Will UPS or the USPS even be delivering?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    How about USPS, UPS, and FedEx? I suspect many people are buying even more items online to avoid stores. And anyway, restaurants are essential?
    Supply chain.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Supply chain.

Noah
    Bingo

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Well...you ordered it, when you'll get it remains to be seen. My most LGS told me that they are following orders to close down at 1700 tomorrow until advised otherwise. With that all else is irrelevant. Will UPS or the USPS even be delivering?
    They said on the site they are behind on shipping. Probably be at least a week or so. I just ordered to keep my YouTube channel stocked basically. Kinda hard to do a shooting video, with no ammo to shoot and I may have a T&E gun coming in next week.

(Monroe County)

PICS will stay up.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    It probably wouldn't matter anyway. Many stores in SE PA ran out of many of the popular calibers like 9mm and .223/5.56 on Friday and Saturday. It'll be a couple days minimum until they get restocked. There's also likely to be a 20-25% price increase due to smaller supply/larger demand. I'm sure some stores in your area are in similar situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Well ya know that there won't be any discounting going on. I just hope my scope arrives before they shut down.
    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Online is the way to go. I just got 500 rds of 9mm of sportsman outdoor superstore.
    All we have to do is report price-gougers to the Attorney General. I'm sure he'll set those greedy ammo-dealers straight.
    https://www.timesherald.com/news/loc...8yseyH1ln67JRE

"Shapiro is asking the public to email and report any instances of price gouging, exploitative or opportunistic pricing, to pricegouging@attorneygeneral.gov."
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by rkrcpa View Post
    If non-essential businesses are shut down will there be any gun stores open to sell guns?
    You're implying gun shops aren't essential.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    All we have to do is report price-gougers to the Attorney General. I'm sure he'll set those greedy ammo-dealers straight.
    https://www.timesherald.com/news/loc...8yseyH1ln67JRE

"Shapiro is asking the public to email and report any instances of price gouging, exploitative or opportunistic pricing, to pricegouging@attorneygeneral.gov."
    I wasn't necessarily talking about price gouging by individual shops. With so many people nationwide running out and buying guns and ammo, the wholesale price that gun shops are paying distributors has increased. The shop is going to have to pass along that cost to consumers.

The 1000 round case of .223 you could have bought last week for $300 before it sold out will probably cost $40-50 more this week due to increased cost from the wholesaler. That's not unreasonable. Now $400? THAT'S GOUGING.

(Berks County)

I don't get it, the oil companies have been price gouging us and monopolizing the industry for as long as I can remember.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    I wasn't necessarily talking about price gouging by individual shops. With so many people nationwide running out and buying guns and ammo, the wholesale price that gun shops are paying distributors has increased. The shop is going to have to pass along that cost to consumers.

The 1000 round case of .223 you could have bought last week for $300 before it sold out will probably cost $40-50 more this week due to increased cost from the wholesaler. That's not unreasonable. Now $400? THAT'S GOUGING.
    I understand. I'm not necessarily expecting the Attorney General of PA to care about ammo dealers and price gouging. I think it would be interesting to hear his response to such a thing, though.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast