Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Leo running serial on CCW for allegedly rolling through a stop sign.

Wouldn't the trooper need the PICS? The gun transferred to him first.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Leo running serial on CCW for allegedly rolling through a stop sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Got stopped, once, for a rolling stop. Out in the middle of the Nevada Desert, got pulled over, was told this wasn't California. See a stop sign? Come to a complete stop (your body goes slightly forward, then back). No ticket, just a talking to. It stuck. That, and turn signals (did a tour in Germany - automatic 40 Mark fine (this was before the Eurodollar)).
    You body doesn’t do that if you know how to break and you saw the sign or light with enough time to properly react. Lift your foot at the end, unload the shocks and springs before the actual cease of motion.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Wouldn't the trooper need the PICS? The gun transferred to him first.
    Well, he seized / stole it.

OP had no chance to follow proper transfer procedures.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Stopped while carrying on a motorcycle?

Inform the officer/trooper I'm carrying?

Yeah , I've BTDT about a dozen or two times. Everything from, ''OK sir , thanks for telling me , just keep it holstered!" to ''Watcha carrying? How do you like it?'' to being ordered on the ground at gunpoint , wanted felon style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Maybe he was just a lazy bastard and used you as an excuse so he couldn't respond to any other calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Like any ticket. Take it to court. If they are a no show, it gets tossed. A lot of time the trooper will be willing to lower it to no points if you both show up.

With this though, I’d go To court with a civil rights lawyer, armed with the information from this forum. I have serious trouble believe he knows the traffic laws, consider he knows nothing of the gun laws of the Commonwealth, and knows nothing about the court rulings of reasonable length of time for a stop.

Which doesn’t even get into the fact that his actions might very well be considered an illegal firearms transfer, since you no longer had custody or control of your firearm. Did he get a full pics check on you? Was the paperwork done for the transfer back to you? Those are serious crimes he may have committed.
    I live in a very small town we don't even have traffic attorneys here. But I'll take it and ask the questions . I asked how I would get the officer notes. She said you just get what's on the ticket that's what we have. So I have no idea where he was sitting, no idea what he ran my gun through or what he did.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guerndt View Post
    I live in a very small town we don't even have traffic attorneys here. But I'll take it and ask the questions . I asked how I would get the officer notes. She said you just get what's on the ticket that's what we have. So I have no idea where he was sitting, no idea what he ran my gun through or what he did.
    I hear what you’re saying and in a normal situation wouldn’t mess with an attorney for this.

However what you experienced isn’t normal and is a very serious civil rights violation.

I would strongly urge you to go with a civil rights/ firearms attorney.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Well, he seized / stole it.

OP had no chance to follow proper transfer procedures.
    Come on Medic, you are being a little ridiculous now.

You mean to tell me that during a legitimate stop or interaction, if I take hold of your weapon, for a short period of time, I have stolen it from you and/or I need to conduct a PICS check to return it ?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Come on Medic, you are being a little ridiculous now.

You mean to tell me that during a legitimate stop or interaction, if I take hold of your weapon, for a short period of time, I have stolen it from you and/or I need to conduct a PICS check to return it ?
    While I think that PAMedic can occasionally get a bit... overzealous (not wrong, just overzealous IMO)… I have told you, Carson, that I appreciate what you can offer from your view of the world. All that said, with respect to all parties...

Carson, please cite all legislation or rules that exempt a roadside interaction from section 6111. I expect they will mostly fall under "officer safety" or confiscation pursuant to an arrest.

(Chester County)

If the OP is already a holder of an LTCF why would an officer need to check if the OP's gun is registered or not? Sounds like nothing more than harassment. What difference could it possibly make if the gun isn't registered to him? Let's not mince weasel words, the ROS is gun registration plain and simple and it's illegal in the State of PA.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If the OP is already a holder of an LTCF why would an officer need to check if the OP's gun is registered or not? Sounds like nothing more than harassment. What difference could it possibly make if the gun isn't registered to him? Let's not mince weasel words, the ROS is gun registration plain and simple and it's illegal in the State of PA.
    I've been told they have to check if it's stolen.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    I've been told they have to check if it's stolen.
    I have gotten that same response from younger cops when that comment comes up. I then ask them are you going to run their iPhone, iPad, wristwatch, computer, tablet, etc. for wants. They all may be stolen also. Crickets.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast