Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry

Default Open Carry

Hello I am A NJ resident and recently bought a house in carbon county. Eventually it will be full time but, for now every other weekend and a week here or there. As I opened with I am a NJ resident and because NJ is a may issue state PA will not give me a non res licence so, now I am considering OC. How is Carbon County specifically Albrightsville and surrounding counties. I have friends in Monroe and Wayne counties that i visit quite often. Any recommendations, suggestion or warnings i need to know. Can a non resident OC in PA? I am pondering becoming a dual resident which was suggested to me before but, still need to look at all the in's and out's of doing so. Eventually I will meet with an attorney to find out about the financial, legal and other ramifications. Thanks in advance

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Open Carry

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but since we're under a continued State of Emergency, there is no OC without an LTCF.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Yeah I dot think you're wrong, thanks to wolf. Hey its going to rain, SOE....

(York County)

And even without the SOE being in place without a PA LTCF you would only be able to OC while on foot, not in a vehicle while driving to and from places due to the transportation laws.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by cham09 View Post
    And even without the SOE being in place without a PA LTCF you would only be able to OC while on foot, not in a vehicle while driving to and from places due to the transportation laws.
    Nor unloaded in your car's trunk unless going to/from a range or gunsmith.

Basically, within walking distance of your Pennsylvania residence.

Oh, want to wear it while on a riding mower/horse/skateboard/bicycle/tricycle/unicycle? Nope, not without an LTCF.

But, since you now have a Pennsylvania residence, you should be able to get an LTCF based on your residency, maybe.

Does PA honor any out of state non resident permits anymore? I know they did away with Florida non resident a few years back but do they honor Utah, or Arizona's non resident?

(Juniata County)

I’m not a lawyer, but you sound like a pa resident to me. Change all your stuff to pa now. Drivers license, insurance, tags; the works. Register Republicans. Vote often, and always vote 2A. Join Firearm owners against crime (our State pro gun organization) and make sure your rep knows you read their voting guide.

The fact that you unfortunately maintain a property and perhaps employment in NJ is a sad fact of previous poor choices, mayhap ones made by your parents.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but since we're under a continued State of Emergency, there is no OC without an LTCF.
    Well I guess I missed the permanent SOE. I thought he( Wolf) put it in to combat the opioid crisis. Usually SOE’s last 90 days. Unless Wolfy boy renews them every 89th day due to as someone said it’s going to rain today SOE.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Well I guess I missed the permanent SOE. I thought he( Wolf) put it in to combat the opioid crisis. Usually SOE’s last 90 days. Unless Wolfy boy renews them every 89th day due to as someone said it’s going to rain today SOE.
    He no longer cares about the Opioid SOE, now it's Corona SOE.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I’m not a lawyer, but you sound like a pa resident to me. Change all your stuff to pa now. Drivers license, insurance, tags; the works. Register Republicans. Vote often, and always vote 2A. Join Firearm owners against crime (our State pro gun organization) and make sure your rep knows you read their voting guide.

The fact that you unfortunately maintain a property and perhaps employment in NJ is a sad fact of previous poor choices, mayhap ones made by your parents.
    Life long Republication voted for Reagan when I turned 18 and pulled the R lever ever since. Lifetime NRA member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast