Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Opinions on Beretta APX?

I've got APX fever after handling one at the shop when I was buying my 92X compact last week. You're getting Beretta quality for a hell of a price and it feels great in my hand. The specific model I want is the Centurion (compact 15 round) and aside from hearing a few people say it needs NATO spec ammo to run reliably, I can't resist for the price. Who owns one? What are your opinions on it?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Opinions on Beretta APX?

It doesn’t seem popular. Mainly because it’s not the prettiest looking chunk of polymer in a saturated market. But from what I’ve seen and handled it’s pretty nice and a solid trigger. It pointed well for me and I believe that the grip modules are interchangeable too. That makes it more appealing if I’m remembering right

(Chester County)

I thought the trigger pull was too heavy on the pistol I dry fired at the gun shop. That’s why I didn’t care for it.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    It doesn’t seem popular. Mainly because it’s not the prettiest looking chunk of polymer in a saturated market. But from what I’ve seen and handled it’s pretty nice and a solid trigger. It pointed well for me and I believe that the grip modules are interchangeable too. That makes it more appealing if I’m remembering right
    It certainly doesn't seem to be selling well which explains why Beretta lowered the price on them by about $200. I know you can change to different colors but I'm not sure if the different sizes could be used though. I think the compact and centurion have the same slide length so I could get a compact frame and a few mags for it if I wanted.

I tried the trigger on the APX carry and thought it was a bit long but didn't think it was too heavy. Honestly, I'm really not a trigger snob so that means very little to me unless it's S&W SD9 or Sig P250 level terrible.

(Montgomery County)

For under $300 I feel like it's worth the gamble and likely it will be a great performer. For that price it might end up on my list.

(Cumberland County)

I picked up the APX carry just because I got it new for $280. Endied up loving it! I carry it quite often now. Lightweight, feels great in hand, very accurate, no issues whatsoever first two times at range. As far as trigger, I've never been very picky - it's a glock-like trigger and just fine for me. It can't be beat for the price! I might even consider the APX compact next seeing it's just a few penny's more. I've heard the same as others are saying - fine gun, just never caught on. If you can still get one sub $300 I would not hesitate at all. Check out Sportsmans supply - it's where I got mine. They have some crazy good prices on new firearms. Good luck!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Northampton County)

This is one of those under rated handguns, they are cheap right now and they shoot well , it's a buy as far as I am concerned.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Allegheny County)

I had to look it up because I have no interest in Beretta firearms. (I even have to look up the correct spelling)

Oh gawd. That ugly thing even comes in the ugliest color ever chosen as a "cool" gun color...

BARF!!!

I hope my contribution to the thread was helpful.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

I could be completely wrong here but I thought the APX was Beretta’s entry into the military trials from a few years back. I’ll agree it’s not the best looking thing out there but I don’t think it’s completely awful either. It’s a quality brand and if you can get it sub $300 you could certainly do much worse for that price point. I’m not a Beretta junkie or anything but the 92A1 in my avatar pic was the first handgun I bought myself and I got one of the surplus 81’s (love that one) that were everywhere a few months back. I’m kind of annoyed I’m following this thread now because if I see one for that price I might not be able to resist and my wallet is still smoking from my last couple of months worth of gun purchases. I haven’t even cleaned the LEO FNS-9 I just got yet.

(Columbia County)

For what it’s worth The Polish National polish has adopted the APX

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...e-beretta-apx/

The article does point out that it was the lowest bidder. Don’t know if that was the reason why it was selected.

The National Police Headquarters announced that they had selected UMO’s least expensive bid for 4,666 Beretta APX pistols with an option for 1,000 more.
    Other guns they tested were

Police Headquarters also considered several other bids by UMO including the Fabryka Broni P99AS, the CZ P-10C, and even the Slovenian Arex REX Delta. Other bids from several companies were outright rejected including bids for Glock 17 Gen 3’s, Berlopak TM-9 Gen2’s and the Canik TP9SF Elite.
    In my own opinion that striker deactivator button on the frame may be something that turns buyers off. From what I read once the button is pushed it deactivates the striker and does not put the gun into a double action mode like the Walther P99AS. It looks like it could be unintentionally pushed.