Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle question

Default Re: Rifle question

Quote Originally Posted by bml215 View Post
    I think i'll not be lazy and bounce the scope over to the old fud gun, or pick up another in the future lol.

I can see that, sounds pretty cool. Probably liability issues.
    Maybe , depends on how commented you are to using the sig.

The closest comparison I could make to your situation would be ,
    when those Yugo sks's started washing up on our shores by the shipping crate
    The arm chair lawyers began to rain from the skies and thought the game comm was going to let them use those so long as they turned off the gas valve....
    yugo sks has one of those features if not aware .....
    the answer across the board from the game comm was a big fat "no"
    then the "smarter" arm chair lawyers thought if they removed the gas piston , they would be allowed to use them .... and again , another big fat "no"
    what I may or may not have done was to weld a bolt inside of the gas tube and drill a few larger holes in it , I got many "not good enough" comments on it
    but then one day I got my hands on a game comm person who was basically what you would call a legal training officer .
    Took this fellow 2 weeks to get me an answer ... which to my surprise came back as a "YES , I can use that"
    when asked for that in writing to only use to show my "good faith" and not as a legal decision ...... I got a big fat "hell no"
    but for me anyhow , using different types of Arms makes it a bit more enjoyable
    They only thing I have not used that I would like maybe ...possibly... is a 1911 , just can;t find a feasible way to make that manually operated.
    I did consider using a PRO-MAG brand magazine in it , which would certainly render any semi-auto into a finicky single shot .......but think the judge may not see the same humor I do it that.
    Last edited by Boondox; March 10th, 2020 at 08:53 AM.

I wonder how this would be viewed assuming there was someone in the game commission that could make a ruling.

https://kalikey.com
    This basically turns your illegal scary semi auto AR15 into a happy friendly legal permanent bolt action rifle in California.

Here's some info on it, the review starts at the 3 min Mark.

(Bucks County)

I think the PGC is stuck with the fact that the rifle, set up with the Kali Key, meets the existing description of allowed repeating guns, both in caliber and in action. But, the hunter carrying one can expect his hunting to be interrupted by on-sight investigation by a PGC employee.

I'd imagine well-intentioned hunters might make a call, thinking a gun illegal for hunting is being observed. Enough people buzzing in and out looking into the thing could ruin a hunting day. But I don't think "getting permission" from PGC is the right frame.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12