Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default CCW Permit Holder Pulls Gun at Soccer Game

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=9209796

Effin' idiot. I'm sure glad this didn't happen before SFN's hearing.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: CCW Permit Holder Pulls Gun at Soccer Game

Hope he gets the book thrown at him.

(Butler County)

More fodder for the antis. Now everyone will look at SFN and say see, parents with guns are nuts. There was never a good time for this to happen, but the timing is really bad.

hopefully they hang this guy with the support of all of us...pretty much totally indefensible...they still do hangings in Texas right?
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Snyder County)

Whoops, didn't see this was NOT in PA.

My comments have been retracted.

I hope this guy gets charged with everything possible.

Dumb bastard.

(Lebanon County)

Wow. Yeah, bad timing for this to hit the news. On the flip side, and maybe this will not be a popular outlook but I'm going to post it anyway, if you google and look around there are several incidents that occured at soccer games (not just idiot parents with guns either) when being armed would have made a difference in the outcome of some atrocities. Now, this was not one of those cases and obviously if some dumbass whips out their gun like this it's not a situation where you whip yours out and say "oh yeah buddy!? I have one too!" I'm just saying...you never know WHO is running around CCing and might do something stupid. (and I am not saying anyone who CCs is stupid either or likely to do something stupid. I am saying CRIMINALS don't OC that's all so please don't twist my words or their meanings around.) So why would you need a gun at a soccer game? Oh yeah, because obviously other people have them too and you never know wtf they are going to do with them. This man didn't warrant anyone else doing something with theirs but that doesn't mean that someone else will not come along at another time and place and warrant such action. I know we're not naive people here and that I'm preaching to the choir. Just saying.... ETA: Ya think he'd have pulled that gun on a parent who was OCing?

(Westmoreland County)

Just a thought... "The police report states that the victim pushed Burke, and then Burke pulled a handgun and pointed it at the victim's head." While pulling a gun doesn't seem like an appropriate response by any means, wouldn't that mean the "victim" assaulted Burke? Again, just a thought.

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: CCW Permit Holder Pulls Gun at Soccer Game

Wow. That guy is TRULY is dumb ass. I had the unfortunate displeasure of staying in Lubbock for 7 weeks a couple of years ago.

There ain't squat there, unless you are in college there. It seemed like there were more police officers in training there, than there were oridnary citizens.

Cripes, I was in an accident while there. Dipshit backed his truck into the side of my rental car, pushed it 2 feet sideways, in a parking lot. Turns, out he too was a police officer in training, running late to his first class of the day.

Anyhow, bottom line is we couldn't go ANYWHERE or do ANYTHING without seeing or running into a carrying officer, EVERYWHERE. Was ridiculous.

If you live there, you'd know that if you pull a weapon, it had better be to defend yourself, and not to scare the other guy away. No doubt, you'd get shot if you didn't pull the trigger. That is one dumb, but lucky dude.

I can't understand why the prison guard dude tackled the guy with the gun. I'd say that was a dumb move especially with so many kids around. He took a HUGE chance of that gun going off.

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawk77028 View Post
    Just a thought... "The police report states that the victim pushed Burke, and then Burke pulled a handgun and pointed it at the victim's head." While pulling a gun doesn't seem like an appropriate response by any means, wouldn't that mean the "victim" assaulted Burke? Again, just a thought.
    Look up "continuum of force." A gun is disproportionate to a shove.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast