Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

Thumbs up New gun shop coming to State College

Coming this spring...

http://www.statecollege.com/news/loc...store,1482672/

National Sporting Arms, a firearms and accessories store, will open this spring in Patton Township, the central Pennsylvania company's third location.

Located at 355 Colonnade Boulevard, Suite A, the store is expected to have a soft opening in late April with a grand opening in May, said Wade Stubanas, National's marketing manager. The space was previously home to Jezebel's Boutique and is currently undergoing renovations.

National Sporting Goods, the company's first store, is in Jersey Shore. About three years ago the owners purchased the former Tripoli's Triggers in Williamsport and developed the National Range & Armory, an indoor range offering competitions, leagues, trainings and a storefront.

Stubanas said the Centre Region market was an obvious one for expansion because of the general scarcity of gun shops in the immediate State College area, the accessibility of the Colonnade property, and the population size.

"The best way that it was put to me was that State College has more potential customers within its area than the current existing two stores combined," he said. "It’s an untapped market and it’s far enough away from the existing stores that it represents a new geographic area for us."

National Sporting Arms will carry many industry-leading brands with products for a spectrum of firearms owners, from competition handguns, to sporting shotguns and rifles to personal defense, as well as ammo and accessories.

The new establishment's website is already up: https://nationalsportingarms.com/

According to the website: "National is a team of sporting goods stores serving shooting enthusiasts across central Pennsylvania. We provide the finest customer service while offering competitive pricing & excellent value. Our other stores are located in Williamsport & Jersey Shore."

(Centre County)

Default Re: New gun shop coming to State College

Today is the first day this store will be open.

I have not been to their Williamsport range/store location, but I used to go to the original store location in Jersey Shore quite a bit when I lived closer.

Will be checking out this State College location soon.

(Clinton County)

Adam has really done some great things with the National name since he took over years ago. I couldn't be happier for him and it is well deserved. Can't wait to check out the newest shop!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

FEMA Region III - State College, Pennsylvania
    (Centre County)

You know, with all the things going on right now, I have completely forgotten about this store, even though I am the OP... But thanks for reminding me, and glad they get to open on time -- just as we move to "Yellow" alert, too. Will be checking it out!

I have bought ammo, reloading supplies and accessories from National in Jersey Shore, PA for years. I was never impressed with their prices except for on sale items which were great but there is one thing that stands out about National. The staff at Jersey Shore has always treated me well. Never pushy. Always friendly and all of them know their stuff. It's why I go back and why I'll visit the State College location.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Montgomery County)

Did this shop open? i may be up in State College in July and would like to check out the shop. Also any other shops I should check out if i have the time?

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 MagFan View Post
    Did this shop open? i may be up in State College in July and would like to check out the shop. Also any other shops I should check out if i have the time?
    I haven't been there yet but I was at the Jersey Shore shop a week ago and they said it's open.

Not sure if Jim's Army and Navy is open still or not but surplus shops are always fun to browse around. He's down on the beaver canyon just up from Alpha Fire Co.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 MagFan View Post
    Yes, it's open. It's a smaller version of the other two National locations; big glass wall cases with the handguns, limited vertical racks for rifles, ammo on shelving.

Very nice store, prices are typical for the three National locations; not really competitive unless something is on sale, but if one factors in time, vehicle fuel economy and fuel cost, you'd likely not be saving much $$$ if you drove more than 20-30 miles one way to shop elsewhere, just to "save" $25 to $50.

Also consistent with the other two locations, the staff is friendly, polite, totally customer-focused and attentive.

A welcome addition to State College.

Other shops close by:

Belding and Mull in Philipsburg
    Miller's in Mill Hall
    Noll's in Spring Mills
    National in Jersey Shore
    Goodman's in McElhattan

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; June 15th, 2020 at 07:55 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

I visited the new State College store a couple weeks ago. Looked around and low and behold, I saw something I was looking weeks for online in the optics case that I couldn't believe. A Sig Romeo Zero for 199.95. The going price BEFORE everyone sold out of the things. They were going for 300 bucks or more on Gunbroker and to see it there made the little trip from Clinton County worth it. It's on my Hellcat now thank you and I'll stop in when I'm back in State College again. Nice little store.
    PS........they don't have room for reloading supplies so if that is what you're looking for, save your gasoline. If you want reloading supplies, visit the borough of Jersey Shore, Pa location.
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Yes, it's open. It's a smaller version of the other two National locations; big glass wall cases with the handguns, limited vertical racks for rifles, ammo on shelving.

Very nice store, prices are typical for the three National locations; not really competitive unless something is on sale, but if one factors in time, vehicle fuel economy and fuel cost, you'd likely not be saving much $$$ if you drove more than 20-30 miles one way to shop elsewhere, just to "save" $25 to $50.

Also consistent with the other two locations, the staff is friendly, polite, totally customer-focused and attentive.

A welcome addition to State College.

Other shops close by:

Belding and Mull in Philipsburg
    Miller's in Mill Hall
    Noll's in Spring Mills
    National in Jersey Shore
    Goodman's in McElhattan

Noah
    I'll second Belding & Mull and Noll's (I haven't been to the others). J&E always seems to have a good selection of accessories. I'll have to check out National the next time I'm on that side of the mountain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast