Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firing Line

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Firing Line

You can shoot your own at the range on Springarden street. Better lighting and a great staff. I like it a lot and even brought my 10 year old daughter there to shoot.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Delete
    "Glocks are 5 times as addictive as crack"

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by KML View Post
    I go almost every Thursday night and have never never paid more than $26 a box of 50 for 9mm. That was when nobody had ammo. Now and almost all the time it's been $19 for a 50 rd box. It's not the cheapest but not that bad.
    every time i've gone there they claimed all they had was frangible... needless to say its been over a year since i've gone there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jlb0305 View Post
    every time i've gone there they claimed all they had was frangible... needless to say its been over a year since i've gone there.
    They did get a large delivery of 50,000 rds of frangible 9mm back in 2013 when nobody had cheap 9mm but I never paid more than $26 a box for the frangible .That was the most I've paid for any 9mm there.

(Philadelphia County)

Firing line is OK. I've done a bunch of transfers there, despite the fact that it is overpriced as fuck. The range is.. OK. Its not real fancy and clean like Philadelphia Training Academy (formerly known as PAGC). I think the appeal is that it "feels" like a "real" shooting range, the kind you imagined before you actually went to one. Haven't been to the place on spring garden yet but I'd like to go. Do you need a membership there or can you just go and shoot?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by early1900s View Post
    Firing line is OK. I've done a bunch of transfers there, despite the fact that it is overpriced as fuck. The range is.. OK. Its not real fancy and clean like Philadelphia Training Academy (formerly known as PAGC). I think the appeal is that it "feels" like a "real" shooting range, the kind you imagined before you actually went to one. Haven't been to the place on spring garden yet but I'd like to go. Do you need a membership there or can you just go and shoot?
    You can just go and shoot.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Philadelphia County)

I stopped by The Firing Line in Philly to do a transfer and saw a pile of P365s behind the counter. After talking about them for a couple and mentioning that I was interested in one, but wanted to shoot it before buying, the shop owner offered to let me shoot their rental gun for almost free. I only had to buy a box of ammo. No range pass and rental fee. Very nice way to treat a first time visitor/ customer.

I took him up on the offer and ended up buying one from him when I was finished shooting.

Everyone there was very friendly, not only with myself and the guy I was transferring a gun to, but with all the other customers that came and went while I was there.

I'll definitely be back as a gun buyer. Not sure about as a range customer though. No outside ammo allowed. Must buy all ammo from them. That can get a bit expensive if you have a lot of different guns/calibers like me.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PHLJJS View Post
    I stopped by The Firing Line in Philly to do a transfer and saw a pile of P365s behind the counter. After talking about them for a couple and mentioning that I was interested in one, but wanted to shoot it before buying, the shop owner offered to let me shoot their rental gun for almost free. I only had to buy a box of ammo. No range pass and rental fee. Very nice way to treat a first time visitor/ customer.

I took him up on the offer and ended up buying one from him when I was finished shooting.

Everyone there was very friendly, not only with myself and the guy I was transferring a gun to, but with all the other customers that came and went while I was there.

I'll definitely be back as a gun buyer. Not sure about as a range customer though. No outside ammo allowed. Must buy all ammo from them. That can get a bit expensive if you have a lot of different guns/calibers like me.
    How much did they charge for the transfer?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    How much did they charge for the transfer?
    I believe they charged him $40. The PICS fee listed on my receipt for the gun I bought is $10.

I figured the transfer fee would be on the high side since it's Philly and most (but not all) shops in the city tend to be high. The buyer picked the place because it was very close to his workplace.

(Chester County)

Good job Firing line owner/staff!
    https://www.fox29.com/news/looter-fa...uthorities-say

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast