Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Firing Line

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Firing Line

So if somebody has something to say on a subject in an "ancient" thread they should just start a new thread instead? Or are they not allowed to discuss something once the last thread about it is "necrotic"?

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    Wait, was that a comment about a 3 year old comment about a 6 year old post?

Necrothread!!!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mojo357 View Post
    So if somebody has something to say on a subject in an "ancient" thread they should just start a new thread instead? Or are they not allowed to discuss something once the last thread about it is "necrotic"?
    Let you know in about 3 years.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Chester County)

And back to the original topic... I went there like two weeks ago. A little dark in the range with old target return equipment (cotton/nylon cord connected to light switch with motor that needs help at times). It says their watching you so clean your brass but its evident that most people didn't. Not bad in mid day though as range was empty. Had to buy shop ammo at the time(which they were low on 9mm and "only had" the non-lead expensive stuff). $40 for box of 50 and range time w/ targets. Gonna call today to see if they will let me bring my own ammo b/c its close to work. Its an ok range for practicing more realistic conditions, will be better if i can use my own ammo. I can deal with their lighting and target equipment issues because it wasn't the worst I've seen and its close to my work so I can get in practice during lunch.

(Chester County)

You can not use your own ammo.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jlb0305 View Post
    You can not use your own ammo.
    They should do what other ranges do and have a two tier pricing on membership. Charge more for folks who like to use their own ammo.

It's not just the cost of ammo but the convenience of being able to load it at home at your own convenience, rather than waste time at the range.

Also, if they're reloading brass or selling it to reloaders, there will be more to sell from people who bring a lot of pre-loaded mags to shoot.

Finally, some guns are finicky eaters so oftentimes a shooter is limited by what brands of ammo their guns prefer.

(Delaware County)

It's been almost a year. time for another reply?

I was there today for a transfer. Showed up first thing at opening. already a few guys ahead of me but for the range. Was taken care of right away, explained everything clearly, seemed like very nice guys and good customer service. All went very smoothly and was out in less than 30 minutes.

I was transferring a 22 and didnt even think to see if they had ammo.. ARGH! too focused on the new toy and the kids who were fascinated at the whole place and being able to watch people shoot guns. Range did seem like it could use better lighting, but other than that i would go there. the only issue is the dicey neighborhood. but their parking lot is fenced in for at least some security, false as it may be.

(Philadelphia County)

It's an unsightly edge of decent neighborhood. Those lots under the highway are a hangout for a few drunks and homeless but the actual neighborhood is fine once you get half a block off Front St.

(Chester County)

I haven't been there basically since my last post. It was kind of annoying that everyday at lunch time there seemed to be a "group" shooting so I couldn't use the range. Not to mention the whole having to buy their ammo thing. Really don't want to pay $30 for a 50 rd box of .40 when I can get a box of 100 at walmart for $32. Last time I went I preloaded mags and just bought their box of 50 but shot closer to 100. I was actually thinking about going back there at lunch one day this week but it may be easier to just go to PAGC to make sure I can shoot, parking is just an issue there.
    Last edited by jlb0305; April 22nd, 2014 at 12:34 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

sucks with having to buy their ammo but its not that much overpriced.

I do love the nitty gritty atmosphere though, plus I live literally 5 block away...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by jlb0305 View Post
    And back to the original topic... I went there like two weeks ago. A little dark in the range with old target return equipment (cotton/nylon cord connected to light switch with motor that needs help at times). It says their watching you so clean your brass but its evident that most people didn't. Not bad in mid day though as range was empty. Had to buy shop ammo at the time(which they were low on 9mm and "only had" the non-lead expensive stuff). $40 for box of 50 and range time w/ targets. Gonna call today to see if they will let me bring my own ammo b/c its close to work. Its an ok range for practicing more realistic conditions, will be better if i can use my own ammo. I can deal with their lighting and target equipment issues because it wasn't the worst I've seen and its close to my work so I can get in practice during lunch.
    I go almost every Thursday night and have never never paid more than $26 a box of 50 for 9mm. That was when nobody had ammo. Now and almost all the time it's been $19 for a 50 rd box. It's not the cheapest but not that bad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast