Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Weird time in the Classifieds!

What is going on with the Classified sections? Doesn't anybody have any common courtesy anymore?

Seems to be a lot of numbnuts wasting everybody's time!

*Post an item for sale - receive a post asking for more information, you send more information and never hear from the member again.
    *Ask a potential buyer a question in a follow up message - never hear from them again!
    *Get asked for more photos and info to be texted, text the pictures and info - never to hear from them again!
    *Ask a seller for more info - never hear back from them!
    *And the best ones lately - THE LOWBALLER shows up and offers you $150-$200 less than the item is listed for. You know...to make a "Quick Sale"

It is crazy and highly irritating!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Weird time in the Classifieds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tettnanger View Post
    What is going on with the Classified sections? Doesn't anybody have any common courtesy anymore?

Seems to be a lot of numbnuts wasting everybody's time!

*Post an item for sale - receive a post asking for more information, you send more information and never hear from the member again.
    *Ask a potential buyer a question in a follow up message - never hear from them again!
    *Get asked for more photos and info to be texted, text the pictures and info - never to hear from them again!
    *Ask a seller for more info - never hear back from them!
    *And the best ones lately - THE LOWBALLER shows up and offers you $150-$200 less than the item is listed for. You know...to make a "Quick Sale"

It is crazy and highly irritating!
    While it sucks most of the above is life today. On the one who showed up and wanted to low ball you in person, there is a feedback section here. You headline their thread with their exact user name here and leave the feedback. I doubt that a numbnut like that would last long here.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Worst offense I see in the classifieds is sellers thinking they have LGS overhead and ask list price for their customized guns and add ons.
    My experiences both buying and selling have all been positive.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Monroe County)

Nancy finally sold the 1911 frame! Ok to be fair, his price was good, I couldn't put it back together for a good price vs just getting a RIA.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

I hate when sellers sell and don't post [Closed], then don't answer back when you PM.

(Northumberland County)

Good, bad or otherwise (mostly good I think), I've noticed a recent uptick in posts by new members. It could be tied to that, especially as we near the election...others recognizing/joining/using the forum. By default, we probably skew towards the heavier PA gun users to begin with, so may be getting more fringe owners. Not that forum courtesy is a uniquely gun centric concept....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tettnanger View Post
    On a $300 gun, maybe that's offensive. But on a $1000 gun, I wouldn't think an initial offer 15-20% below the asking price is rude or discourteous.

It's called "asking price" for a reason. If you aren't going to entertain offers below your asking price, state so in the ad.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post
    On a $300 gun, maybe that's offensive. But on a $1000 gun, I wouldn't think an initial offer 15-20% below the asking price is rude or discourteous.

It's called "asking price" for a reason. If you aren't going to entertain offers below your asking price, state so in the ad.
    I agree. A good rule of thumb that I use is nobody should feel insulted about an offer that's at least 70% of asking price. If you really can't stand to bargain with people, then list a "firm" price and throw away a big chunk of your market.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by OwnTheRide View Post

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I agree. A good rule of thumb that I use is nobody should feel insulted about an offer that's at least 70% of asking price. If you really can't stand to bargain with people, then list a "firm" price and throw away a big chunk of your market.
    Say whaaaaatttt????? So...if I agree to buy your merchandise and set up a time to make the transfer, then when I show up I try to negotiate a cheaper price you'd be OK with that? If you're going to do that to me let me know up front so I don't waste my time with you.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Jefferson County)

Unless it is fraud or illegal, what happens in the Classifieds - stays in the classifieds.

If buyers/sellers don't respond - move on.

Don't like the price/offer - move on.

Discussing things outside of classifieds is breaking the rules.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!