I have a weekend place in an HOA community in the Poconos that prohibits “carrying or traveling in a motor vehicle with a loaded firearm” or “walking on any road or common area of the community with any firearm”. Two of the directors recently proposed an exception for members with an LTCF, but the motion failed. (It’s close to NYC and NJ so lots of transplants. Imagine that.)

I assume I have no 2A rights on the roads or in the common areas of a private community (correct me if I’m wrong; I’m not familiar with PA laws regulating HOA’s) but it really doesn’t impact me since the operative word in concealed carry is “concealed.” I carry always and everywhere, and nobody is the wiser. But I’m curious if the rent-a-cops that patrol the community can search me if they’re suspicious I might be carrying. (Maybe the NRA sticker on my truck gets their attention.) If I don’t have 2A rights in a private community, maybe I don’t have 4A rights either?

I’d be interested if any members have experiences with HOA’s. I’d be especially interested in Phil or Josh’s opinion.