Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: HOA Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by GOYABEAN View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]128348[/img]

The handyman better not open carry his tool belt exposing that deadly hammer that according to FBI statics is a killer
    I'd be more worried about the butt-crack issue...especially now that there's a big-ass virus issue repopulating in the US. Any time you see a butt-crack, will a shot of Lysol spray protect you???
    Last edited by bamboomaster; March 2nd, 2020 at 07:47 PM.
    - bamboomaster

(Chester County)

So if you or your family is assaulted, robbed etc. Wouldn't the HOA be responsible to protect you and family, since they removed your right to defend?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    So if you or your family is assaulted, robbed etc. Wouldn't the HOA be responsible to protect you and family, since they removed your right to defend?
    Absolutely!

As long as the recently modified HOA agreement and recently voted upon and distributed specifies: "Notwithstanding the foregoing, any response time by police or security agents in less than sixty minutes from the reported event shall be considered a reasonable response time. Reasonable response times may be extended to to viruses, the sudden impact of asteroids, high school football games, and such..."
    - bamboomaster

(Lebanon County)

Slightly off topic (gun wise), but the HOAs love regulating EVERYTHING, including HAM radio. We (gun owners) need the same level of protection that the hams have , I really love going to HOAs as a rep of the local Rep of the ham community and slamming HOAs for being in violation of state and federal laws. https://spectrumam.com/ham-radio-tow...hoa-community/ and https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/n...rs/4788331002/

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Slightly off topic (gun wise), but the HOAs love regulating EVERYTHING, including HAM radio. We (gun owners) need the same level of protection that the hams have , I really love going to HOAs as a rep of the local Rep of the ham community and slamming HOAs for being in violation of state and federal laws. https://spectrumam.com/ham-radio-tow...hoa-community/ and https://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/n...rs/4788331002/
    That was a good read, particularly the part that applies to PA but would it also cover the HOA's? You don't like my mailbox? OK, I'll just put up a HAM antenna instead.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That was a good read, particularly the part that applies to PA but would it also cover the HOA's? You don't like my mailbox? OK, I'll just put up a HAM antenna instead.
    well, yes and no. That's why I put the YDR link. You can't just put up an antenna just because (well I guess you could, but it wouldn't make much sense), per PA law, as ham radio is considered part of the emergency (specifically auxiliary) communications infrastructure any tower under a specific height is prohibited from regulation, by ANY agency (outside of safety concerns). Ham operator provide their own equipment and operate in conjunction with local emergency management agencies, in issues such as on the ground trained storm spotters, and communications when other means are disabled. This gives Emergency management a distributed network of communicators who can pass information, including putting operators in EOCs, Fire-stations etc in times of emergencies. Many HOAs don't like it because it's "unsightly" but They must make "Reasonable accommodation" for any licensed operator, they don't have to like it.

http://www.arrl.org/news/pennsylvani...1-law-on-books

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    Absolutely!

As long as the recently modified HOA agreement and recently voted upon and distributed specifies: "Notwithstanding the foregoing, any response time by police or security agents in less than sixty minutes from the reported event shall be considered a reasonable response time. Reasonable response times may be extended to to viruses, the sudden impact of asteroids, high school football games, and such..."
    It wouldn't matter if cops shows up in 5 minutes. When the threat is "IMMINENT " , you only have that moment.

(Monroe County)

You wouldn't be in danger of any legal ramifications, but you can be "fined". In my experience, being fined means pay us or lose access to amenities and in some cases they file for a judgement.

In my experience, a lot of the security personal doesn't care if you carry and if somebody complains they won't fine you, but they'll ask you to leave the area you're in just to cover their ass.

To avoid issues, just conceal it. Nobody knows and that's that. Living in the Poconos, I always carry.

(Bucks County)

Luckily the guys on my HOA board are all gun guys. LOL, not like the last election I oversaw was rigged or anything, honest. It just worked out that way.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Which religion calls for the firing of cannons?
    I don't know but John Moses Browning is their prophet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast