Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Morris VFD Gun show March 14-15 2020

I rolled in around 1 PM Saturday and went through everything. Prices were a little high on actual guns. Some accessories weren't too bad. Very friendly folks. Good food. It was packed earlier according to some of the vendors I spoke with. It had cleared out by the time I got there. I picked up some Federal Premium Berger 130gr hybrids for my Grendel(s). Cheaper than getting them online through SGAmmo so I was happy. The two boxes I bought at the show matched the lot numbers of the three boxes I had at home so real happy about that. The only factory ammo I ever bought that shot a quarter inch group in my Grendel bolt gun. (I have trouble getting my reloads to shoot that well).
    Oh and I bought a brick of the bacon smoked cheese from the guy outside! Damn good! Thanks for the tip!
    Oh and no fowl odors were detected!
    Engineers make things idiot proof! Evolution makes better idiots!

It clears out after the lunch rush.
    The folks are very nice and usually an odd ball character running around in addition.
    Those cheese guys do construction , then in their off season .... they turn to cheese.
    Their used to be a kettle korn guy there that had amazing corn .... then I think his wife added her touch and boogered it up
    You know their is a 2nd building , correct?
    Plus the loft area in the back room of the big building.
    When you say high priced guns ..... let me guess ..... Larry and fake larry ...... big building , back room ...one of them along the back wall and the other sitting across from him.
    Mainly surplus arms.

Yup. I went through all three buildings and the loft and YES, (LOL), you nailed the high price gun locations.
    The only other thing I was looking for were decent used 308 RCBS dies cheap. None there by the time I rolled in. I'll go again. It didn't take long to drive over from Clinton County.

There was a chance I wasn't going to make this show this year but fortunately I was able to.
    Arrived before lunch today , stayed until they kicked me out.
    Some regular vendors were missing , heard some canceled due to being sick.
    Some new faces were there.
    RJ Welch was there …. 1st time ever.
    Some vendors got rearranged from normal spots.
    This show was more sparse than past shows both in terms of vendors and stuff for sale.
    Kitchen seemed to be lagging also.
    Heard they were 400 attendees short yesterday.
    Vendors seems to be down in the dumps.
    Seen some good buys on firearms and the standard gun show prices on others.
    Bought much cheese ….10 dollar .50 cal can and other stuff.
    I had a good time , not sure the vendors did.
    No crowd today

Much talk about the cancelled Oaks show and the hit the vendors took on hotel room bookings and some had already set up......
    RUMORS have it Centre Hall will be cancelled in April along with the next Bloomsburg
    PURE REUMOR at this point …. but just in case....know before you go …….

Glad I was able to make it for a few reasons ….
    Hope I don't come down with a fever ……

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    Yup. I went through all three buildings and the loft and YES, (LOL), you nailed the high price gun locations.
    The only other thing I was looking for were decent used 308 RCBS dies cheap. None there by the time I rolled in. I'll go again. It didn't take long to drive over from Clinton County.

I bypassed any normal pit stop "Mill Hall"..cause I was making killer time ….
    ended up rolling into your town for a bathroom.
    ended up getting back on 220 and stopping in Woolrich to find one as I know they have the McD's and that subway gas station place..
    Geeze..... not much for a bathroom off the exit there at Lock Haven …. found some little laundry mat with a car wash behind it ….. no bathroom.
    Who has a laundry mat and no bathroom …… I was going to buy a soda but no luck.
    Killed my time

I know where you were. There isn't much for public bathrooms in Lock Haven off Route 220. If you get off at the Mill Hall/Flemington Exit of 220, there is a Sheetz at the end of the ramp. Quick-easy break with gasoline and food/drinks.
    I'd hate to see Bloomsburg and my favorite little show at the Centre Hall Grange Grounds canceled. That would really suck but..........there are more sacrifices going on out there than gun show cancellations. Like the sacrifice my retirement took today with a 3000 point hit from Wall Street! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Vuccla View Post
    I know where you were. There isn't much for public bathrooms in Lock Haven off Route 220. If you get off at the Mill Hall/Flemington Exit of 220, there is a Sheetz at the end of the ramp. Quick-easy break with gasoline and food/drinks.
    I'd hate to see Bloomsburg and my favorite little show at the Centre Hall Grange Grounds canceled. That would really suck but..........there are more sacrifices going on out there than gun show cancellations. Like the sacrifice my retirement took today with a 3000 point hit from Wall Street! Wow!
    That Sheetz is a normal pit stop for me ......coffee crept up on me out of turn.
    Getting old.
    But agree ........ some folks will be/are out of a pay check ........
    Might just pay to be on welfare ... well, I guess it always did ........ haha ...... little joke.
    Have to wonder where this will peek ........... going be interesting
    IF we "as a people/country" are lucky ....... we will learn and apply .................. or not

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123