Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 107
  1. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,916
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    That's pretty much a projection on your part and pretty short sighted at that. It's laughable that you keep on stating "Captains of Industry" smoke pot and they do OK. Are these the same Captains of Industry that have decimated the middle class by shipping American manufacturing jobs to China so they don't have to do anything but smoke pot and collect their bonuses for killing the American middle class? When you have to be in charge of a company that manufactures, deals with unions, deals with over burdensome environmental regulations at the county, state and federal levels and are still able to produce a quality product here in the USA I guarantee they aren't potheads. You're just plain wrong.
    From my experience, there is a lot of gray area between a stoner who does nothing but smoke and eat Cheetos all day and successful working folks who might smoke a joint on the weekend to relax. I don’t think we can blame the collapse of American Industry on the latter.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,916
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    To prevent bad batches of chemical laced crap, perhaps people should be able to grow it themselves and screw taxes. I don't pay taxes on the tomatoes or peppers I grow why should I pay it on another natural plant?
    I can agree with you on principle. But not everybody has the ability to grow their own. I like homemade bread, but don’t have the time or resources to make it when needed. So that store bought stuff works well.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    5,374
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    That's pretty much a projection on your part and pretty short sighted at that. It's laughable that you keep on stating "Captains of Industry" smoke pot and they do OK. Are these the same Captains of Industry that have decimated the middle class by shipping American manufacturing jobs to China so they don't have to do anything but smoke pot and collect their bonuses for killing the American middle class? When you have to be in charge of a company that manufactures, deals with unions, deals with over burdensome environmental regulations at the county, state and federal levels and are still able to produce a quality product here in the USA I guarantee they aren't potheads. You're just plain wrong.
    I always get a kick out of it when people who have no idea what they're talking about rave on like they do.
    My 'c' isn't working so I have to use substitutes.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    73
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    You can't pull a hungry dog off a bone
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    47
    Posts
    18,994
    Rep Power
    21474868

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    I highly suspect that the person mention by the OP was otherwise prohibited.

    PICS does not tell the FFL or Sheriff the reason for denial.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    <( ' . ' <), Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,320
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    pretty sure i don't pay tax on the cider i brew, or the yeast.
    you can probably buy cider with EBT even. not a good strain of yeast though.
    Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    To prevent bad batches of chemical laced crap, perhaps people should be able to grow it themselves and screw taxes. I don't pay taxes on the tomatoes or peppers I grow why should I pay it on another natural plant?
    it appears to be getting easier to grow with auto-flowering feminized strains, but it still isn't like spreading grass seed and watching. but certainly growing your own will remove much of the street risk and most of the government price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    From my experience, there is a lot of gray area between a stoner who does nothing but smoke and eat Cheetos all day and successful working folks who might smoke a joint on the weekend to relax. I don’t think we can blame the collapse of American Industry on the latter.
    indeed, i will consume alcohol (even after a work day) and it won't interfere with my job because i moderate. i must be a heathen, a raving alcoholic or some other sort of being of sin.
    all the people i know that consume weed are not successful but no more or less so than the majority of people. they just get high on the weekend. ironically some have even lost weight and become more successful than they were in the past, the weed didn't play a role in that, just coincidence that they also partake.
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Milmont Park, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I always get a kick out of it when people who have no idea what they're talking about rave on like they do.
    Don’t you know already ??? Her opinion is all knowing and you should be lucky that her knowledge was blessed upon you. You are mentally feeble and I am so happy that she is here to set us idiots straight.
    All that is needed for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,405
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    That's pretty much a projection on your part and pretty short sighted at that. It's laughable that you keep on stating "Captains of Industry" smoke pot and they do OK. Are these the same Captains of Industry that have decimated the middle class by shipping American manufacturing jobs to China so they don't have to do anything but smoke pot and collect their bonuses for killing the American middle class? When you have to be in charge of a company that manufactures, deals with unions, deals with over burdensome environmental regulations at the county, state and federal levels and are still able to produce a quality product here in the USA I guarantee they aren't potheads. You're just plain wrong.
    Professionals who partake of the herb in social settings are no different than those who may prefer a couple glasses of wine, (i.e., they’re not “potheads” or “stoners” and there are plenty of them out there).
    Last edited by JAKIII; March 2nd, 2020 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Removed derogatory comment about Jenn.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ercildoun, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Posts
    4,159
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Don’t you know already ??? Her opinion is all knowing and you should be lucky that her knowledge was blessed upon you. You are mentally feeble and I am so happy that she is here to set us idiots straight.
    For once I can agree with you. We do have a certain amount of feeble minds to deal with here and they are usually the ones promoting the use of pot because it's good for you.
    ​Masks are being used to promote fear in order to demonstrate control.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    <( ' . ' <), Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,320
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Medical MJ patients getting arrested for trying to purchase guns in Pa?

    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    For once I can agree with you. We do have a certain amount of feeble minds to deal with here and they are usually the ones promoting the use of pot because it's good for you.
    i can agree it is not "good" for you, although consumption by oral routes might be no worse than many other fiberous leafy greens.
    but it is "better" for you than many of the opioids on the market, likely easier to quit with fewer side effects much lower risk of OD and death but with the right personality just as addictive, considering people get addicted to eating drywall or soap.
    "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils. John Stark

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: August 26th, 2019, 11:52 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: December 4th, 2017, 02:43 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 24th, 2014, 09:24 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: May 11th, 2011, 02:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •