Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Reciprocity in Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantrider757 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am a Virginia resident. I have a VA resident CHP and a Utah CFP. I know PA doesn*t recognize either permit. PA used to share reciprocity with VA but I haven*t had to travel to PA for some time. I looked into obtaining a PA license to carry, the only roadblock for me that I can see is character references SHOULD BE residents of the county. I don*t know anyone in Lebanon County or anyone from PA that I can think of off hand. Has anyone else ran into this before? I was thinking of calling the sheriff*s office and asking if they would accept sworn local law enforcement officers from my jurisdiction as character references. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. sorry about my Governor he*s a real POS.
    Both of our governors suck... And especially our AG for pulling VA's reciprocity...

I'm sure you can find two people here from Lebanon Co. to use as references, maybe after a quick phone call or something. However the standard form (used statewide, not county specific) doesn't specify that the references have to be residents of any specific jurisdiction, just that they can't be family. Further, and Lebanon county residents can confirm, the references will most likely not be contacted.

Also I'm sure you picked Lebanon because that's your travel destination and it's closest, but you can apply at any county (that's known to process non residents).

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Elephantrider757 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am a Virginia resident. I have a VA resident CHP and a Utah CFP. I know PA doesn’t recognize either permit. PA used to share reciprocity with VA but I haven’t had to travel to PA for some time. I looked into obtaining a PA license to carry, the only roadblock for me that I can see is character references SHOULD BE residents of the county. I don’t know anyone in Lebanon County or anyone from PA that I can think of off hand. Has anyone else ran into this before? I was thinking of calling the sheriff’s office and asking if they would accept sworn local law enforcement officers from my jurisdiction as character references. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. sorry about my Governor he’s a real POS.
    Some good news for you, your references do NOT need to be from Lebanon county, I spoke with several of the people who accept the applications for Lebanon. 9 times out of 10 they aren't contacted anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Some good news for you, your references do NOT need to be from Lebanon county, I spoke with several of the people who accept the applications for Lebanon. 9 times out of 10 they aren't contacted anyway.
    Thank you all who replied so much. I called the Lebanon Sherifs office today, the woman who answered was very friendly, respectful, and understanding. She said as a non resident I could use any references as I don’t know anyone from PA. It’s $20 and 15 minutes of my time. I don’t agree with having to pay to utilize any of my rights however it may come in handy in the future for other states that recognize PA LTCF if our gun grabbing AG does the same as your attorney general and refuses to honor other states.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12