Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Murtha's at it again...now we're "Rednecks!"

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...34/detail.html

CHARLEROI, Pa. -- U.S. Rep. John Murtha is calling many of the people who put him in office "rednecks."The news comes one week after Murtha claimed the area is racist, then apologized for that comment.In explaining his comments about racism, Murtha told WTAE it's difficult for many in the area to change. Murtha said that just five to 10 years ago the entire area was "redneck."Now Murtha said only certain segments of the population are holding on to those racist feelings.Just days after classifying western Pennsylvania as racist, Murtha took a step back from those comments, albeit a small one."What I said, that indicted everybody, that's not what I meant at all. What I mean is there's still folks that have a problem voting for someone because they are black," Murtha said.Murtha said the history of southwestern Pennsylvania is rife with racism."This whole area, years ago, was really redneck," Murtha told Channel 4 Action News.Murtha believes there is one segment of the population which is holding on to its racist beliefs and he said it's difficult for them to change. Murtha said it may be even more difficult for them to vote for Barack Obama."Particularly older people. They want change but they don't want to see things go too far," Murtha said.Throughout the Mon Valley there is a mixed reaction to Murtha's claims."I think he made a big mistake. This valley is not racist. Not at all," said Robert Gray, of Charleroi.Maurice Taylor, also of Charleroi, disagrees."I think it probably is, couple people here and there. Like not everybody, but some of them definitely. Older people mostly," Taylor said.Murtha said he was not surprised to see Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton win the Democratic primary in Pennsylvania and he said he didn't think Obama had a chance to win the presidency after that. But since then, he claims many western Pennsylvania voters have come around and he believes many voters have left their racist beliefs behind."It's better than it was a few weeks ago. It's better than it was a few months ago," Murtha said.Murtha said he has taken a new approach to dealing with voters who are factoring race into the equation. He said he asks them if they agree with John McCain's healthcare policy or with his desire to privatize social security."I'm saying to them 'let's not vote on whether he's black or white,' Let's vote on what the issues are," said Murtha.
    Why doesn't he just shut his yapper?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Murtha's at it again...now we're "Rednecks!"

Yeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaa
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Armstrong County)

Time for him to be removed from office, I really think he's lost his mind and is not competent.
    The original point and click interface was a Colt Peacemaker!

(Lawrence County)

Is there anyone left in the state that he hasn't offended yet?

(Jefferson County)

Well if being redneck means believing in God ,guns and pickup trucks , and working to earn your keep . Must be I are one

(Allegheny County)

"Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Luzerne County)

I *am* a redneck <shrug>

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Allegheny County)

...he claims many western Pennsylvania voters have come around and he believes many voters have left their racist beliefs behind."It's better than it was a few weeks ago. It's better than it was a few months ago," Murtha said.
    That statement verifies that he is mentally unbalanced.
    Racism... real, or imagined, does not "go away" in a few weeks.

That man makes me want to vomit. The fact that people even consider voting for him makes me want to vomit even more.

ETA: I just looked at the date when the above quote was run. If his logic holds true, all racism in the state of Pennsylvania should be self-eradicated within a few days.
    I just need to hold tight, and my McCain signs will stop disapearing from my lawn!
    Last edited by Emptymag; October 21st, 2008 at 09:14 AM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Agreed, I'd rather be a Redneck than what ever liberal crap he stands for! Go to NJ or CA, Mr. Murtha...maybe you'll fit in there! LOL

(Centre County)

Murtha's an ass, but hey, they don't call it Pennsyltucky fur nothin' y'all.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast