Parries
    Pennsylvania armed resident rallies involved encourage Support
    Patriot
    Pennsylvanian armed taxpayers rallying involved organizing together

Pa-rifle

Pennsylvanians attending rallies involving firearm legislation everywhere

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Stand United

Man it's freaking impossible to get a facebook account nowadays. First name, last name, DOB, phone number, photo of your face. I tried to reactivate an account I had like 15 years ago but they wanted me to upload my driver's license! Sorry but if they want that info they can ask the feds.

If some one wants to crosspost rally info here I'd appreciate it. If it's in the Pittsburgh area, hell just shoot me a text.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    If some one wants to crosspost rally info here I'd appreciate it. If it's in the Pittsburgh area, hell just shoot me a text.
    I'm with you there. I just can't stand what facebook (and social media in general) has become. I absolutely agree with Justin that posting good information in as many places as possible is the right idea; but for me personally, I'll continue to use this site as my source of truth.

(Bucks County)

One thing to remember when building a business, organization, etc. on Facebook or any other social media is you are building it on someone else's property. And, that someone...like Facebook...can change the rules, TOS, algorithms, etc. at any time and you can lose your "customers, members, etc."

They already did it to companies who used to get 95% organic results and now only get 2% as FB changed the algorithms and they want you to pay for people to see your posts.

It is always better to build a good website and then use social media to drive people to the website and email to communicate with customers/members. Email is still 400% more effective than both FB and Instagram put together. And, now you own the organization and its members and not FB.

(Bucks County)

Nice---thanks for setting up. I answered the questions. I have several gun owning friends that are on FB from other states, is it okay that I invite them as well or is this PA only?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by BobFromBucks View Post
    One thing to remember when building a business, organization, etc. on Facebook or any other social media is you are building it on someone else's property. And, that someone...like Facebook...can change the rules, TOS, algorithms, etc. at any time and you can lose your "customers, members, etc."

They already did it to companies who used to get 95% organic results and now only get 2% as FB changed the algorithms and they want you to pay for people to see your posts.

It is always better to build a good website and then use social media to drive people to the website and email to communicate with customers/members. Email is still 400% more effective than both FB and Instagram put together. And, now you own the organization and its members and not FB.
    my understanding is they've also taken people's money and then thrown them off. make a page, buy their ads because it is strongly recommended (read: required) then they arbitrarily change their policies and decide you are no longer good enough for their business model.
    no refunds when you're removed.

caveat emptor?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Nice---thanks for setting up. I answered the questions. I have several gun owning friends that are on FB from other states, is it okay that I invite them as well or is this PA only?
    Of course!
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

I was having issues joining from my tablet but everything went through fine from my lap top. I took the liberty and shared the link on another site said a little bit about the intent of the group and why it was formed and promoted the June 8th rally.

Thanks for giving shit Justin.

Thanks!

I definitely need help with a good name. In my mind, it is 3 words or less..., that says what we do..., like "Armed Equality". I don't have that creative side to come up with a name. I don't mind Scruff's first try, it feels a little hokey. Does that matter though if people remember it?

I'm going to need to put together a core team, similar to what we have here. So if any of yinz are joining and want to be a "moderator" and part of the planning, let me know. Things like Pittsburgh and Virginia happen only with a good team of people working together.
    Last edited by Justin///M; February 25th, 2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Thanks!

I definitely need help with a good name. In my mind, it is 3 words or less..., that says what we do..., like "Armed Equality". I don't have that creative side to come up with a name. I don't mind Scruff's first try, it feels a little hokey. Does that matter though?
    If it's going to be on a shirt, flag, sign, or taken seriously by others mainly the anti's then yes I believe it does matter. On the flip side of that anything over aggressive is extremely poor as well but I think you already know that.

My comments have nothing to do with Scruff's name, just a general statement.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast