Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Need suggestions for the "helping others" site categories

Well as many of you know I suggested a "people helping people" section here a while back in this thread and it quickly evolved into a site based on my idea.

I am currently using my "spare time" (yeah right) to build the site and application that will be used at itstherightthingtodo.net and I am now building the databases and that's where I need help.

I am trying to build a list of services that people might need and or be wiling to help in. To say there are a boatload is an understatement and while I would love to spend weeks thinking about them all (again, yeah right) I would prefer to get programming and get this puppy done! So I started a list and then said "why not have the people here suggest them and save my brain for programing" so here you go. Here is what I have come up with so far ... please "suggest away"

General Services - Mechanical
    Auto Repair, Motorcycle Repair, Heavy Equipment Repair, Diesel Truck Repair, ATV Repair, Small Engine Repair, Boat Repair, Appliance Repair, Other

General Services - Contracting

Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, House Painting (interior), House Painting (exterior), Fencing, Spackling, Drywall, Windows, Insulation, Masonry, Tile Work, Landscaping, Roofing, Gutter Cleaning & Repair, Paving, Tree Care, Snow Removal, Deck Repair, Other

Cleaning Services

Deck Cleaning, Home Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Furnature Cleaning, Other

Technical Services

Computer Hardware Repair, Computer Software Repair, Computer Programming, Computer Networking, Graphics, Other

Professional Medical Services

General Medical, Surgery, General Dental, Dental Surgery, Vision Care, Vetinary, Psychiatric Care, Family Guidance, Other

If you can think of a new category I'm all ears too! Maybe you folks can help me out by taking the burden of trying to think of all these off me so I can get this damn thing built!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Need suggestions for the "helping others" site categories

What you have so far looks good, maybe just have a general "other" catagory and see what comes up frequently. If you get alot of "I need a ride" then add a Transportation catagory. Or if you get alot of "single female in need of action" you could add a link to my email
    "But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security." Dec of Ind.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybug View Post
    If you get alot of "I need a ride" then add a Transportation catagory.
    Yeah I as thinking about that and maybe something about 'watching my kids' BUT there you get into a scary place where people are trusting other with their kids and OH MAN does that open up a can or worms legally!

(Montgomery County)

DC,

Not sure if you are asking for just the major categories or the sub, but here goes...

General Services - Contracting
    Alarm

Technical Services
    Web Design

Professional Services
    Legal
    Photography
    Surveying
    Sight Engineering
    Architecture

Not a labor service but useful.. Storage space, parking

Also, while I hate to even have to think about addressing it what do you think about having some generalized release/waiver that the parties could enter into for liability protection.