Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Eastwood voices supports democrat Bloomberg

I did not see Eastwood supporting anti gun Bloomberg. Not much out of Hollywood really surprises me, this did.

Nolte: Clint Eastwood Backs Mike Bloomberg for President

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, libertarian superstar Clint Eastwood said he’s backing Mike Bloomberg over Donald Trump.

“The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there,” said the two-time Best Director winner who famously endorsed Mitt Romney in 2012.

In a word, he’s uncomfortable with Trump’s temperament. He explained it this way…

As for the domestic political scene, Mr. Eastwood seems disheartened. “The politics has gotten so ornery,” he says, hunching his shoulders in resignation. He approves of “certain things that Trump’s done” but wishes the president would act “in a more genteel way, without tweeting and calling people names. I would personally like for him to not bring himself to that level.” As he drives me back to my hotel, he expresses an affinity for another former mayor: “The best thing we could do is just get Mike Bloomberg in there.”

So how do you square a libertarian like Eastwood backing a fascist nanny-stater like Bloomberg.

Well, here’s the thing… Deep down inside, the American people have a lot of faith in the American System. Let me explain…

In their infinite wisdom, the Founding Fathers created a system of government that makes change practically impossible. The president is not a dictator; he can only suggest laws to the legislature. The legislature can be vetoed by the president. The president and the legislature can both be overruled by the judiciary.

This was deliberate on the part of our Founders, who understood stability is the key to a lasting democracy.

Even people who don’t understand how the Constitution works instinctually understand that our government is stable because — well, the government is stable. We don’t have revolutions. Politicians roll in and out. Change is incremental.

This gives Eastwood the confidence to back the Tiny Tyrant, the luxury to look at something other than Bloomberg’s rabidly anti-libertarian background — and in this particular case, Clint is looking at temperament.

So Eastwood, the Hollywood legend who stood in front of the whole world to ridicule Precious Obama as an empty chair, is put off by Trump’s tweets, put off by his outbursts, petty feuds, and his trolling…. And the only reason I mention the empty chair is to remind people that Eastwood is fearless, which means no one can credibly claim he’s choosing Bloomberg to seek favor in Hollywood.

Clint Eastwood doesn’t care about those things. He’s Clint Eastwood, for crying out loud.

What’s more, he’s not the only person who feels this way.

Throughout the Trump Era, I’ve kept in touch with a half-dozen people — everyday folks, including my dad — and I regularly gauge their temperature about Trump.

What’s interesting about these people, is that like Eastwood, on paper you can’t imagine they would support anyone but Trump. Politically, they align perfectly…

Well, three of them do support Trump and will crawl over glass to vote for him in November.

Of those three, two backed Trump from the beginning and one is a convert who voted for Ted Cruz in the 2016 primary and abstained in the general election.

The remaining three break down this way…

One voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016, hated Trump in 2016, hates him even more now.

One voted for Hillary, but likes what Trump has done for the country and is considering voting for him in 2020. But she hates his temperament.

One voted for Trump in 2016 but is open to supporting either Biden or Bloomberg because of Trump’s temperament.

So in my little focus group of six, Trump could lose two votes over his temperament… And let me tell you, these two people are no more of a snowflake than Clint Eastwood.

I have a theory…

Based on his record, Trump should have a 55 percent job approval rating right now. Trump knows this, and he blames the fake news for shaving off those five to seven points.

Me? Well, I don’t believe the media have that kind of power anymore, so I think it’s more like half and half. The biased media are responsible for shaving off half of those points; Trump’s temperament is responsible for shaving off the other half.

Sorry, but Trump can be his own worst enemy.

I know there are times when he has to be unconventional and rabid, especially when the coup attempts are going on. But there are other times when he would serve himself better by being less exhausting and petty — by being normal where and whenever possible.

People like Eastwood and my dad are tired of the drama, the tension, the unforced errors; and while Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) are responsible for most of it, Trump is not blameless.

My dad is 81-years-old, blue collar to the bone, and always says the same thing: “He needs to stop tweeting.”

Well, I’ll crawl over glass to re-elect Trump, and I don’t think Trump should stop tweeting. But I do think that at times like these, when he’s on a winning streak, he could be more gracious and normal — so I get where my dad and Eastwood are coming from.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Eastwood voices supports democrat Bloomberg

So he's picking bloomberg out of spite?

is put off by Trump’s tweets, put off by his outbursts, petty feuds, and his trolling
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

When are we going to stop giving a damn about what celebrities think whether it's something we agree upon or not?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    At least he's got his priorities straight.
    Being "genteel" is more important than being an effective president.

Alzheimer's maybe?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Who cares what Clint thinks...the real question is who is Chuck Norris backing?

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Some people would rather see the country fold due to how a president talks. sad (snowflakes).

(Mifflin County)

Is he going the way of Deniro ? I hope not, I don't want to have to burn all my "Dirty Harry " dvds ..

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Sounds like some of the people I know, sadly. Not necessarily about picking Bloomberg, but about voting against Trump merely because of his "mean" tweets. Never mind the track record that these people I know are all in favor of. It's weird.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    At least he's got his priorities straight.
    Being "genteel" is more important than being an effective president.

Alzheimer's maybe?
    I agree with this, he may be slipping due to age.
    It happens, not to everyone, but certainly to many.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Sounds like some of the people I know, sadly. Not necessarily about picking Bloomberg, but about voting against Trump merely because of his "mean" tweets. Never mind the track record that these people I know are all in favor of. It's weird.
    Good to see you Lex.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast