Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

No need to stock up on TP. Ancient Roman public bathrooms had a rag on a stick siting in a water bucket in the middle of the room for everyone to share.
    Toujours prêt

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    No need to stock up on TP. Ancient Roman public bathrooms had a rag on a stick siting in a water bucket in the middle of the room for everyone to share.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Coming soon to a Costco near you.... toilet paper lines. 5 packs per person limit. Now EVERYBODY wants a TP fort!

And another justification for the bum washer/bidet toilet.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Wayne County)

Foremost when stocking food...Stock what you WILL eat! Having 25 pounds of beans is useless if no one likes beans. Don't stock up on tuna if no one eats it, even if it's cheap. I often hear "we'll learn to like it". No, you won't. You will eat it to survive, if needed, but you most likely will not like it.

Many have mentioned canning...been doing that for years. No one has brought up drying, merely, buying pre-made dried foods. Might I suggest adding one of these (or similar) to your list? https://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-290...2988514&sr=8-2
    I have 3, along with a few hobby grade dehydrators. In the Excaliburs, I can dry 4.5 founds of London Broil strips in under 3 hours (despite what the book tells you). We dry an awful lot of food, and vac pack it. Shredded taters, carrots, celery, peppers, etc.

Generator or solar array with storage capacity. Not cheap, but could be a life saver. Just remember, generators make noise.

Cash on hand, pre-1965 silver coinage, barter items in the event the grid goes down, or internet goes down, crippling the banks, retailers, etc. Cash is king. And keep denominations small, like $20 and under. No need to draw attention to yourself. Something about barter to consider...how wise would it be to trade liquor for someone elses' ammo? Get shot, lose liquor. Be quiet and know with whom you are dealing.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Dauphin County)

I heard corn doesn't digest, so if you only eat corn, eventually you'll be able to have an endless supply.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

I'm headed to cranberry Costco to see if the panic hit here yet.

I do have a reason other than scouting, I used a roll of TP so need to replace it with another bulk pack.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Costco is Packed. Had to park way back.

Hard to tell if there's any real panic buying, or it's just a normal busy Saturday. The TP stock is lower than usual, but no restrictions and no one taking a ton that I saw.

The only thing that looked to be panic bought is these 5 packs of wipes.

Standing in line I don't see carts with anything more than what a standard household buys.

I think it's mostly just a busy Saturday.

I just added to my disposable dishes stock.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

We swung by Costco too, but didn't go in. This was not normal saturday afternoon traffic for ours. The entire lot was parked full with people orbiting the lanes looking for spots. That's the week before Xmas traffic. Fortunately we didn't really need anything there so we just kept on going.

We did go to the resturant supply store. Picked up another case of TP, and 1 case each of paper plates, cups and napkins. We needed more napkins anyway. Also got some more white vinegar since we were out.

Most people don't know about that store, or don't think they can shop there because they're not a restaurant, so it doesn't get crowded in cases like this. They're pretty much always well stocked. Enough cases of straws in a variety of calibers to get the death penalty in CA.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Costco is Packed. Had to park way back.

Hard to tell if there's any real panic buying, or it's just a normal busy Saturday. The TP stock is lower than usual, but no restrictions and no one taking a ton that I saw.

The only thing that looked to be panic bought is these 5 packs of wipes.

Standing in line I don't see carts with anything more than what a standard household buys.

I think it's mostly just a busy Saturday.

I just added to my disposable dishes stock.
    I was just at Cranberry Costco too. The store was slammed. I heard them call for a third employee to check receipts at the door. The lady at the service desk said it was crowded because it was the last day for this month's sales. I've seen the store like that on a Saturday in the past, so I can't say that it was much busier than normal.

I mainly stocked up on frozen chicken and fish, and an 18-pack of Mac & Cheese.

Yesterday evening I was at Emptymag's Walmart and the Sam's Club next door, and both were downright sleepy. The sheeple are either in the dark or denial.

(Lehigh County)

Been picking up a little at a time. Our daughter has Celiacs (gluten allergy) so I have to prep with that in mind. Kind of limits our list a bit, but it's doable.

Back some posts with regards to Wise they sell gluten free foods, but when you look at their labels it states made on equipment that also processes wheat, peanuts etc. I asked a year or so ago on Wise Company's website forum about their gluten free offerings being cross contaminated and all my posts were deleted by the following day.

We stick to Auguson Farms as they have dedicated gluten free processing equipment, and Mountain House seems to be safe.

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast