Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    I have a prepper question inspired by the insipid old white guy bravado I just read in the shoplifting thread.
    Anybody know what a shoplifter tastes like (chicken) ? And how many of them do you need to stack in the chest freezer for say, 8 months worth of meals?
    I've said before, and I'll say it again: I read the book "One Second After", about the post-EMP apocalypse, and the only mistake I saw in the book was that the starving townfolks killed the marauding raiders, and BURIED THE BODIES, instead of at least feeding the meat to their starving dogs.

You could feed the bad guys to hogs, then later eat the hogs. Cut the raiders up into little bits and feed some trout in a tank, then eat the trout. Lots of options better than wasting the protein.

Made no sense at all.

Not sure that eating shoplifters, while you can still buy Beanee Weenees at Walmart, is within the zone of sensible conduct, though. For one thing, those folks are likely riddled with parasites and diseases.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Wayne County)

1st prep tip...don't discuss specifics on the net...

That is all.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Warren County)

Inflation is JUST getting started, so your currency and bank savings are worth more NOW than they ever will be.

So....

Store your wealth in inflation-resistant things. I just spent $$ on adding outdoor storage / recreation to my house.

I am sinking $ into engine and transmission replacement on a non-rusty beater.
    It'll be a Stealth mobile 1997 ford explorer.

I bought tires and canned goods and other ordinary stuff in quantity ( TP dry goods, etc)

Anybody know of a rear end for a 2006 Toyota tundra?
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Allegheny County)

Not sure where to put this, but I figure people who are "prepping" are more likely to make use of this.

Tractor Supply has the Mr Heater Big Buddy (dual propane tanks) on sale for Black Friday for $99.99 (about $30-$50 off)

I don't know when that price goes live. It's in their Black Friday flyer.
    These are nice for power outages and are the only ones I'm aware of that are rated for safe, indoor use.
    I have the Little Buddy and it kept us warm enough in our living room during a long power outage during Snowmageddon.

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but I figure people who are "prepping" are more likely to make use of this.

Tractor Supply has the Mr Heater Big Buddy (dual propane tanks) on sale for Black Friday for $99.99 (about $30-$50 off)

I don't know when that price goes live. It's in their Black Friday flyer.
    These are nice for power outages and are the only ones I'm aware of that are rated for safe, indoor use.
    I have the Little Buddy and it kept us warm enough in our living room during a long power outage during Snowmageddon.

I second this. I have the smaller one, but it's a great piece

(Berks County)

Can you refill the tanks from a larger one and a coupler or some sort of device?
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Can you refill the tanks from a larger one and a coupler or some sort of device?
    You can purchase a line and connect it to a 20lb tank. The small 1 lb tanks don’t last long when running it on high.

I used one for a few years on my screened, but plastic enclosed, side porch. Then the thermocouple went bad and I bought a new one. The first one I had was YELLOW and had a built-in fan (naturally the electric cord for the fan was a separate purchase). When I bought the second RED unit, there wasn’t any fan but had the space for a fan. I took the fan out of the old one and installed it in the new one.

My porch is 12x20 and it heated it nicely. If I remember, depending on usage, a 20lb tank lasted about 10 days. Last year, I installed a propane wall unit and plumbed it directly to my large propane tanks and I now use the Big buddy in my work shed.

(Berks County)

So then it*s safe to run inside without windows open or would that be an issue question
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Longneck (Formerly Northern Lancaster County), Delaware

So then it*s safe to run inside without windows open or would that be an issue question
    All I can say in answer to your question is**.I*m still here. Or, at least Here4now.

Edit to add: I should have mentioned that it has a low oxygen detector which will shut down the unit.
    Last edited by Here4now; November 17th, 2021 at 09:45 AM.

(Bucks County)

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...pter?a=2142461
    Accuse your enemy of what you are doing as you are doing it to create confusion -Karl Marx

Page 48 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast