Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
That sucks. A few weeks ago I spent almost three times that on a comparable Mr Heater Little Buddy. I guess I'll just try to convince myself the Little Buddy is that much better.
Heh. That's usually how my luck goes. I almost didn't see these. I walked down the clearance aisle, stopped to try on some winter gloves, sat a pair to the side thinking I may buy them, then decided to walk back to automotive to see if there's anything back there on clearance. Had I not gone that direction, I wouldn't have turned the corner at THAT end, and never would have seen them.

I pulled this thread up on my phone because I remembered I had posted that Mr Heater specs chart, and started making comparisons.

The claimed run time is 1 hour longer on the Mr Heater.
The highest BTU is 1,000 BTU more on the Dyna-Glo.

Other than that, the only real difference seems to be that the Little Buddy has High and Low settings, where the Dyna-Glo has an infinite control knob.
I would give bonus points to Mr Heater for "peace of mind" in that it has a proven track record, where this one is a copy cat, and has minimal real world use in comparison.

Sticker says reg price was $70, but I question that.
I see it on Walmart online for $62.79 (reg $79)

They also have the XL model for $94 online

MY store has never carried these Dyna-Glo units - we DID have the Mr Heater models, but they seem to be seasonal, and were gone by the time I got to use my extra holiday discount, so I never picked one up.