Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    That sucks. A few weeks ago I spent almost three times that on a comparable Mr Heater Little Buddy. I guess I'll just try to convince myself the Little Buddy is that much better.
    Heh. That's usually how my luck goes. I almost didn't see these. I walked down the clearance aisle, stopped to try on some winter gloves, sat a pair to the side thinking I may buy them, then decided to walk back to automotive to see if there's anything back there on clearance. Had I not gone that direction, I wouldn't have turned the corner at THAT end, and never would have seen them.

I pulled this thread up on my phone because I remembered I had posted that Mr Heater specs chart, and started making comparisons.

The claimed run time is 1 hour longer on the Mr Heater.
    The highest BTU is 1,000 BTU more on the Dyna-Glo.

Other than that, the only real difference seems to be that the Little Buddy has High and Low settings, where the Dyna-Glo has an infinite control knob.
    I would give bonus points to Mr Heater for "peace of mind" in that it has a proven track record, where this one is a copy cat, and has minimal real world use in comparison.

Sticker says reg price was $70, but I question that.
    I see it on Walmart online for $62.79 (reg $79)

They also have the XL model for $94 online

MY store has never carried these Dyna-Glo units - we DID have the Mr Heater models, but they seem to be seasonal, and were gone by the time I got to use my extra holiday discount, so I never picked one up.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northumberland County)

Anyone have experience with Clozex? Supposedly stitches in a box, sort of. Can see application if they work as described. Not cheap though...$30 for 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Clozex-Emerge...dDbGljaz10cnVl

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Anyone have experience with Clozex? Supposedly stitches in a box, sort of. Can see application if they work as described. Not cheap though...$30 for 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Clozex-Emerge...dDbGljaz10cnVl
    Never used that particular product but seems overpriced for what it is.
    For something similar take a look at steri strips: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=steri+str...f=nb_sb_noss_1
    How to use them, go to 40 second mark:

For further thought do a search on using super glue on small lacerations.
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    For those who stock up on these Keystone canned meats, Walmart has LOWERED the price by a hair over a buck a can!

I have a bunch of these in the basement.
    Expensive, but VERY good quality with LONG shelf life.

We haven't gotten any of the ground beef in well over a year, so they finally put another product in that shelf spot.
    Above was posted Jan 5, 2023

It's now "rolled back UP" to previous price.
    I knew I should have grabbed more while it was priced lower.

My god who buys food at walmart? That's like buying food from the dollar store. I heard my local walmart caught fire today and was rooting for the fire, but sadly the fire fighters prevailed.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    My god who buys food at walmart? That's like buying food from the dollar store. I heard my local walmart caught fire today and was rooting for the fire, but sadly the fire fighters prevailed.
    Smart people?
    Seriously, how is it any different than buying food from any other grocery store? It's the same fucking food, but you pay way less for it.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Smart people?
    Seriously, how is it any different than buying food from any other grocery store? It's the same fucking food, but you pay way less for it.
    And if you are buying it for preps, and it comes to pass that you actually needs it for SHTF, who cares what store it was bought from.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    And if you are buying it for preps, and it comes to pass that you actually needs it for SHTF, who cares what store it was bought from.
    I made it a rule last year to buy at least one can of "something" every time I am going to be buying something at the store.

Sometimes I'll add a single can of that Keystone meat to the cart and sometimes I'll add a couple of extra cans of beans/vegetables - every time.
    Stocking up fifty cents to three dollars (on average) at a time is an easy way to get yourself prepared on a budget.
    I'm pretty much out of room now on the two shelves that I use for canned goods in the basement.

I certainly don't have the food stores that "real" preppers seem to have, but I do have FAR more food on hand than I have EVER had before.
    Mostly because working at Walmart in the grocery department, I saw firsthand what most people never thought they would see in America - bare food shelves. If it happened once, it can happen again.

(Allegheny County)

Walmart seems to be getting the Keystone Ground Beef again after a year or two of it being unavailable.

I saw it in my store last week and again in a different location tonight
    I bought two cans. I hate blowing that much money just to taste test it, but I'm not going to buy more of it if I don't like it.
    Seems unlikely though - the beef and the chicken are both amazingly good, so I'm betting the ground beef is good too.

And for all you superior beings who don't eat meat - GOOD NEWS, this no-meat, imitation SPAM is on CLEARANCE! LOL

(Union County)

Keystone ground beef is GTG. A little mushy compared to freshly brown ground, but that's to be expected from a can. It has good flavor, holds together enough to use it like fresh ground, and looks right. For meat spaghetti sauce, chili, burritos, or any type of fortified dish, it's great. I store it and use it regularly.
    Something clever belongs here. Same screen name at ARFCOM.

Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast