Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, um... OK. "Clearance". Glad you lucked out.
    $100 is a good price too compared to most places, so $69.99 doesn't really seem so terrible to me.
    go to slickdeals, create alerts. things like storage, bins, etc. they'll let you know when it pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySmith View Post
    go to slickdeals, create alerts. things like storage, bins, etc. they'll let you know when it pops up.
    We picked up a ton of those from lowes over the years. Black Friday they seemed to have the best price. However once in a while you could find them on sale. They were the big heave duty ones.
    ΑΣΦ

(Allegheny County)

All kinds of stuff on clearance at Walmart - getting ready for spring and making room for new items.

Perfect time to pick up some inner tubes on the cheap.
    I grabbed some a few years ago for under $3. Didn't buy any last year and I'm running low, so I snagged a few last night.

Why inner tubes???

RANGER BANDS!!!

I put them on rifles to bundle up slings to keep them out of the way, and I have some on hand guards to provide extra grip.
    I stick them on flashlights that are lacking in texture, to provide a better grip.
    You can use them to cinch up excess strapping on backpacks - the uses are almost unlimited.

Just search "Ranger Bands" on YouTube if you don't know what they can be used for - dozens of vids.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Oh yeah - it's a "tips" thread, so I'll post it here since I'm posting about ranger bands and flashlights...

Got a flashlight that's completely round and "rolls"?
    Slip a ranger band onto it and slip something under it to create a "bump" that will stop the light from rolling.
    I just snipped a Q-Tip stem, colored it black with a Sharpie, and tucked it under the ranger band. It worked!

(Allegheny County)

I found a Sawyer Tap Filter on clearance for $8.74 at Walmart and picked one up.

It can be used on your kitchen/RV sink faucet, or by using an included adapter, slips onto an outdoor garden hose faucet.
    It may not fit every kitchen faucet - depends on the shape/size of the aerator, but even if it won't fit your sink, it's going to fit your outside faucet.

(Allegheny County)

Oh yeah - it's a "tips" thread, so I'll post it here since I'm posting about ranger bands and flashlights...

Got a flashlight that's completely round and "rolls"?
    Slip a ranger band onto it and slip something under it to create a "bump" that will stop the light from rolling.
    I just snipped a Q-Tip stem, colored it black with a Sharpie, and tucked it under the ranger band. It worked!

That's a great idea. I have a few things I can do that to.

In the event of nuclear fallout, you're gonna most likely be in your basement. Brick up your windows to protect against radiation. It's going to be dark, day or night. Your flash light batteries are going to run out trying to keep them on for 12+ hours a day for 2-4 weeks. What are you going to do?

My solution is pretty simple. Simulated day/night cycles. All you need is a solar panel, a couple of DC LED dimmable light bulbs, and some wire. As the sun comes up, the panels will start to generate power, the light bulbs start to illuminate and reach full brightness fairly shortly.

What I did:
    4 DC LED bulbs at 4w range 12-48v from amazon - $13
    2 Sharp 240w panels from some guy on facebook marketplace - $120 for both
    MC4 multi-connect connections from amazon - $10
    Some 10ga wire I had - $??

I put the panels in my dark garage and even so, they were making power. I'm sure plenty of power for the little bulbs. So hopefully this weekend I'll get everything in place to try it out.

(Beaver County)

Ok I have to know if this worked out!

(Allegheny County)

Wasn't sure where to put this...

I was doing some comparisons between the various models of Mr Heater propane heaters and I saw this "new" (a year of 2 ago) model.
    It's currently on sale at Tractor Supply, so I thought I'd mention it for those who may be seeking an emergency heating source.

We have the single tank "Little Buddy" and it does OK, but a higher output model would be better.
    I was about to order this, but I think I'll hold off a bit since we do have a kerosene heater for emergencies too.
    Since I already had all the info handy, I figured I'd share this info.

Reg $150 (seems to be that price most everywhere)
    SALE $100

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...eater-f600100#

Mr Heater Buddy FLEX (you can connect a stove accessory to it)

For comparing the specs...

Stopped by a Walmart today and checked out the clearance section.
    There on an end cap was a bunch of these Dyna-Glo single-tank propane heaters marked $34.50!!!

I picked one up. I was hoping to get one of the dual-tank Buddy heaters last fall, but never did. For this price, I wasn't going to pass it up.
    Now we have two single-tank units (already own a Little Buddy), so that gives me more peace of mind during winter power outages.

(Franklin County)

Stopped by a Walmart today and checked out the clearance section.
    There on an end cap was a bunch of these Dyna-Glo single-tank propane heaters marked $34.50!!!

I picked one up. I was hoping to get one of the dual-tank Buddy heaters last fall, but never did. For this price, I wasn't going to pass it up.
    Now we have two single-tank units (already own a Little Buddy), so that gives me more peace of mind during winter power outages.

That sucks. A few weeks ago I spent almost three times that on a comparable Mr Heater Little Buddy. I guess I'll just try to convince myself the Little Buddy is that much better.
    The Hostler

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast