Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    remember chlorine has cyanauric acid in it as a stabilizer.
    bleach should be just sodium hyperchlorate.
    i'm not sure what the effect of cya in say, "purified" water would be. it likely is irrelevant when wiping down surfaces or soaking and then rinsing dishes or even washing clothes.
    concentration will not be the easiest to work out though.

i've got pounds and pounds of dichlor tabs, before the flugaloo was a thing.
    There are extensive posts over at survivalist boards on what to look for in pool chemicals to see if they are safe or not.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Berks County)

Getting a load of diesel delivered on Thursday while prices are low and availability is still there. I don't use a whole lot of it but it might come in handy here shortly. The Mrs. did her part for prepping and bought a can of Spam. She already opened it and at a Spam sammich. WTF.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Stashing of cash. I don't want to know where it is at your house but I am looking for suggestions on stashing it. I'm thinking split up and stashed in different locations in small fireproof safes. Maybe sealed up in mason jars and buried in the back yard? Coffee cans don't seal very well.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Stashing of cash. I don't want to know where it is at your house but I am looking for suggestions on stashing it. I'm thinking split up and stashed in different locations in small fireproof safes. Maybe sealed up in mason jars and buried in the back yard? Coffee cans don't seal very well.
    Prison purse.

(Lehigh County)

Was in the store earlier just to look around. Picked up a couple of DAK hams. I've never tried these before but others have told me they're not bad. The meat dept had them refrigerated although the can says it doesn't need to be.
    So now I'm wondering, since they were already cold do I need to keep them that way, or can I store them at room temp now.

(Berks County)

I was chatting with my fuel guy today and learned that they have used fuel tanks that are still good that
    they cannot sell and they give them away. It sounded like some of them might even have hand pumps on them. Those of you who have the room it might be worth calling your local fuel companies and see if they have any.

(Juniata County)

Don’t use traditional metal lids, as they can rust, and perhaps set off a metal detector. Get the plastic ones.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by rckeystone View Post
    Was in the store earlier just to look around. Picked up a couple of DAK hams. I've never tried these before but others have told me they're not bad. The meat dept had them refrigerated although the can says it doesn't need to be.
    So now I'm wondering, since they were already cold do I need to keep them that way, or can I store them at room temp now.
    No: they’re spam just a different brand.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

(Allegheny County)

Vacuum seal cash before storing it somewhere.

Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast