Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

This may not map to anybody's prep work, but if you're not dependent on pharma and believe in Herbal Medicine (which we have for decades), here's some of the stuff we've put away (in the really large ammo cans - if you put your normal and customary ammo in them, you couldn't lift them):

IMG_9268[1].1.jpg

BTW, these are all herbal, vacu-sealed in canning jars, well-padded on all sides, and we open them as needed from time to time. Right now, everything is packed to the top of the lid.

We're not selling this or recommending it to anyone (your doctor knows best ). Make fun of it, flame it, we don't care, because so far, it works for us - which is why we're gonna survive... hell, we've got grandkids we wanna see grow up, take to the range, etc.

And maybe one day when all this is over and we're growing this on our own property, we can buy a Zero-Turn mower...
    Last edited by bamboomaster; March 9th, 2020 at 05:14 PM.
    - bamboomaster

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post
    This may not map to anybody's prep work, but if you're not dependent on pharma and believe in Herbal Medicine (which we have for decades), here's some of the stuff we've put away (in the really large ammo cans - if you put your normal and customary ammo in them, you couldn't lift them):

IMG_9268[1].1.jpg

BTW, these are all herbal, vacu-sealed in canning jars, well-padded on all sides, and we open them as needed from time to time. Right now, everything is packed to the top of the lid.

We're not selling this or recommending it to anyone (your doctor knows best ). Make fun of it, flame it, we don't care, because so far, it works for us - which is why we're gonna survive... hell, we've got grandkids we wanna see grow up, take to the range, etc.

And maybe one day when all this is over and we're growing this on our own property, we can buy a Zero-Turn mower...
    Out of rep... That's a neat idea, I need to figure out how and what dry herbs I want to store. I mostly make tinctures so I have a lot of jars... Chaga is my go 2 herb. But I have others. Still kinda learning the ropes. I prefer to collect my own. But I am a bit Leary on new herbs and proper identification.
    ΑΣΦ

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bamboomaster View Post

IMG_9268[1].1.jpg

Yinz are safe here, I still have my buddy who lives in a yurt in Upstate, NY to make fun of.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Gatorade update:

They came today, 3 cans shrink-wrapped on a cardboard tray. The carton must have taken a hit, because one can was slightly dented, the pop top was buckled in one spot, there was a small opening, and a tiny bit of powder had escaped inside of the plastic lid, which was still in place. I requested a return, and Amazon is sending me new cans. They're not asking for the old ones back. I now have 30 gallons of Gatorade for $25, 36 gallons if I use the defective one. Would yinz?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Gatorade update:

They came today, 3 cans shrink-wrapped on a cardboard tray. The carton must have taken a hit, because one can was slightly dented, the pop top was buckled in one spot, there was a small opening, and a tiny bit of powder had escaped inside of the plastic lid, which was still in place. I requested a return, and Amazon is sending me new cans. They're not asking for the old ones back. I now have 30 gallons of Gatorade for $25, 36 gallons if I use the defective one. Would yinz?

If the plastic was still in place, I'd use it up. Especially if you're confident it happened in shipping.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    If the plastic was still in place, I'd use it up. Especially if you're confident it happened in shipping.
    ...and it didn't ship from Seattle.

(Chester County)

Scruff - save the dented can for last. Just use a combination of packing tape and duct tape to seal it. And put a note on top explaining what occurred. Somebody may some day need this. Hopefully, you won't.

Just from the angle of the pic, it looks like a robot may have whacked the lid....
    - bamboomaster

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    ...and it didn't ship from Seattle.
    Lexington KY. I think I'm OK. Just to be safe, I'll let the kids try it first.

(Berks County)

I was going to suggest serving it to visitors.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

does it bother you to throw out $8.64? i'd likely use it but i'd be able to physically inspect the product before consuming it, inspecting the remaining seal and such, the shipping box and how it all fit.
    i'd just as likely throw it out if i had concerns.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast