Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Default Re: Post your Preps/Tips and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    My wife has been sick the last couple of days. Fingers crossed, I don't think it's coronavirus. But she threw up a couple of times yesterday and hasn't eaten anything since then, and she asked me to get her some Gatorade, so I ran to the store. But a light bulb went off in my head - Gatorade could be critically important to a sick person at home when medical assistance isn't available. So this was the latest prep today, an Amazon order for 3 cans of Gatorade powder. $25 gets you enough to make 18 gallons. That's the equivalent of $0.33 for the bottles they sell at convenience stores.
    wife hates the stuff from colonoscopy preps and she says it taste funny like sweat.
    but brawndo has everything the body needs, electrolytes.
    never thought about the powder, will be trying to order me some of the sugar free since we have years worth of sugar we could add as needed, if needed.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bug44 View Post
    Yes you have to go there... Or call ahead and ask them to set a few aside for you to get at a later date.
    But either way, you have to drag ass there. Now if you could get them to deliver...that would be something.

(Perry County)

My wife has been sick the last couple of days. Fingers crossed, I don't think it's coronavirus. But she threw up a couple of times yesterday and hasn't eaten anything since then, and she asked me to get her some Gatorade, so I ran to the store. But a light bulb went off in my head - Gatorade could be critically important to a sick person at home when medical assistance isn't available. So this was the latest prep today, an Amazon order for 3 cans of Gatorade powder. $25 gets you enough to make 18 gallons. That's the equivalent of $0.33 for the bottles they sell at convenience stores.
    All this time, I didn't know Gatorade powder was a thing. Now I have two canisters coming.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    All this time, I didn't know Gatorade powder was a thing. Now I have two canisters coming.
    I have tried the orange and the lime. The lime comes close to the original taste. The orange tastes strange to me.

(Lackawanna County)

I've used the powder for decades. It's Brawndo for people.

Good stuff to keep with your preps. Stored correctly and sealed, this will last a long time. Best by dates are not necessarily so on many products.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I bought a cart of groceries at Aldi yesterday for my dad and stepmother, forgetting that he has a low-sodium diet restriction. Oh well, my pile just got bigger!

(Berks County)

I usually have some of that stuff in the cupboard, I mix it a little on the strong side. Hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I bought a cart of groceries at Aldi yesterday for my dad and stepmother, forgetting that he has a low-sodium diet restriction. Oh well, my pile just got bigger!
    wife asked me to buy more canned veg and fruit. i only grabbed two of everything of those because i forgot what we eat.
    looks like this week i will be grabbing more.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I usually have some of that stuff in the cupboard, I mix it a little on the strong side. Hope your wife makes a full and speedy recovery.
    She's feeling better today, thanks. Funny how people are freaking out whenever anyone gets sick these days. I heard a girl in the hallway today with a scratchy throat. I'm going to stay the fuck away from her, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    wife asked me to buy more canned veg and fruit. i only grabbed two of everything of those because i forgot what we eat.
    looks like this week i will be grabbing more.
    Aldi canned fruit and vegetables are crazy cheap. I should buy another cartful today.

She's feeling better today, thanks. Funny how people are freaking out whenever anyone gets sick these days. I heard a girl in the hallway today with a scratchy throat. I'm going to stay the fuck away from her, lol.

Aldi canned fruit and vegetables are crazy cheap. I should buy another cartful today.
    aldi canned "almost anything" is crazy cheap. wound up with 90lb of canned food last time i bought.
    it's all what you would expect canned food to be.
    {nvm scruff liked the luncheon meat. }
    the beans are no busch's though. but they are canned beans. the vienna sausages suck, like regular vienna sausages. the canned in water tune tastes like canned in water tuna.
    our local aldi seems to have dropped to just one flavor of canned pasta, canned raviolli. i didn't see the meatballs and 'scetti or the mac & beef.
    Last edited by fallenleader; March 9th, 2020 at 09:52 AM.

Page 26 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast