Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What is wrong with you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Who watches commercials anymore?
    They are better than the shows.
    I like older tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Who watches commercials anymore?
    I ain't even watching the boob tube ….matter of fact no one here is …. someone left it on and I keep picking it up in the background.
    People acting like electricity be free.
    It be off now though.
    Guy was driving me nuts
    And I'm kinda hating Wayne County for some reason...….
    Last edited by Boondox; February 20th, 2020 at 10:16 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Truckers see the economy in a different light than what’s on the news..... the trucking industry as a whole isn’t doing very well right now.... there have been thousands of layoffs all across the country as a result in this last year alone... laws from the feds do play a factor in it like ELD for example and for all the owner operators.... the recent tax reforms didn’t help either

I am neither for or against the ad.... I’m just providing context on why the trucker would even bother doing the commercial in the first place.... this is just a well placed smear campaign that the democrats took advantage of... And there are many owner operators in Pennsylvania who may sympathize with this

Trump really needs to deregulate the trucking industry

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    Truckers see the economy in a different light than what’s on the news..... the trucking industry as a whole isn’t doing very well right now.... there have been thousands of layoffs all across the country as a result in this last year alone... laws from the feds do play a factor in it like ELD for example and for all the owner operators.... the recent tax reforms didn’t help either

I am neither for or against the ad.... I’m just providing context on why the trucker would even bother doing the commercial in the first place.... this is just a well placed smear campaign that the democrats took advantage of... And there are many owner operators in Pennsylvania who may sympathize with this

Trump really needs to deregulate the trucking industry
    I can't ad anything to that insight , cept to say I know 3 truck drivers who reside in PA and 2 who reside in Kansas.
    All 5 are Trump supporters…….the 2 in Kansas are AVID Trump supporters.
    As to their ins and outs and whys , I couldn't say .. other than …. what else they got?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    I can't ad anything to that insight , cept to say I know 3 truck drivers who reside in PA and 2 who reside in Kansas.
    All 5 are Trump supporters…….the 2 in Kansas are AVID Trump supporters.
    As to their ins and outs and whys , I couldn't say .. other than …. what else they got?
    Many truckers who who their own trucks are republicans.... and throughout the blight in the industry, Some are still successful. but truckers are very intolerant to having their livelihood messed with. Statistically speaking... a lot of truckers lost their jobs or went out of business last year... where they direct their frustrations.... who knows but I can tell you one thing. The federal and local government is at the top of the list

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
    Many truckers who who their own trucks are republicans.... and throughout the blight in the industry, Some are still successful. but truckers are very intolerant to having their livelihood messed with. Statistically speaking... a lot of truckers lost their jobs or went out of business last year... where they direct their frustrations.... who knows but I can tell you one thing. The federal and local government is at the top of the list
    I know the 5 guys I know do not represent all …. that's true in any case.
    I do know all 5 LOVE to complain … I think they are stuck in that rut where it's become a hobby for them
    One minute they tell you all the down sides ...either working for a company or owning their own rig.

THEN before you can turn around ….. they tell you about all the money they are making and how great things are....
    I actually hate it when they start either way ………. "oh geeze not again" …. is what goes through my head.
    I never know who is working for who …. they change companies like clock work …. they go from working for someone to owner operator and even vice versa...……….
    All 5 are nice guys ….. one is nuts …..you'll know they are all Trumpers within 10 minutes of meeting them I am sure … even if you don't ask.

I know a few who used to drive but then they all dropped out when each and every one got a job with the state.
    They don't seem to complain as much now .. what ever that may mean
    It's kind of like the farmers I know …. they do have a very certain way about them …...but don't we all.
    As much as I love to drive and get around …I believe I'd burn out in short order running a truck.
    I don't think the guy in the commercial was saying much of anything.
    Trump is working for re-election..... yeah so? Which one isn't/hasn't?
    When the economy falls those in the money are in and those who are out are out?
    What?
    But I guess if he had anything hard and fast …. you'd hear it …. or so I'd think.
    The thing with it being every other commercial for 20 minutes is what tripped my trigger.
    I thought I was stroking out

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Boondox View Post
    This mouth breathing need teeth work comb back inbred has crossed my t.v in a commercial about 20 times in the last 5 minutes.
    The thought of his filthy perv looking tard with his hands on a PA girl makes my stomach turn.
    I assume he is a jerseyun'??
    I figured since steve seems to be speaking for Wayne County ….. I'm just come in here and tell ya'll knock it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NGo...ature=youtu.be
    First off, I don't really watch TV anymore, so this is the first time that I've seen this.

Secondly, this isn't a "you guys" thing. If you look at where the add was shot, it is an area that is probably 75% transplants from NY and NJ. Just because some jerk moved here 11 years ago doesn't make him a Pennsylvanian, regardless of what he thinks or says. You can take the guy out of NJ, but it's much harder to take the NJ out of the guy.

Thirdly, if the Dems really jad a chance of winning Wayne County, they wouldn't be throwing that much money in ads at it. Despite what the guy in the Edgar suit says, everybody that I know that has a small business in Wayne Co. is doing damn well under Trump. I know contractors that are turning jobs away because they jjst can't find enough workers to fill the jobs because anybkdy who is worth a shit is already workimg somewhere else for more money. I was just talkimg to my office landlord about this yesterday. He builds houses, but can't find enough skilled builders who are looking for work.

So, don't let some Leftist space alien insect try to convince you otherwise.

And don't feed him any sugar water.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Secondly, this isn't a "you guys" thing
    Yes , I know. it's just a way of talking, tongue in cheek a little.
    But I agree with the rest of your post.
    A few months back my buddy had almost the same complaint about finding workers.
    He didn't seem to be having a hard time finding guys who could...… they just didn't want to.
    Or there was drinking on the job , etc
    Much of it is indoor labor , at least at the time.
    I am not and have not been in the market looking for work for some time.
    But I often think if I was , there's a bunch out there , some of it pretty decent.
    But I have been employed since age of 15 and have had as many as 3 jobs at once ……. so I grew up a little different than I see a lot of now.

I hear Bloomturd could teach this guy how to farm pretty easily, his potential lack of grey matter makes him a perfect candidate.

(Luzerne County)

He said what he was paid to say.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast