Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up West Manheim Twp (York County) is a 2A Sanctuary!

A GOA member took it upon herself to petition and get this vote passed in her township! I saw a video, Moms Demand showed up in uniform...and failed.

Article and video report:

https://www.fox43.com/article/news/l...b-4e077d23f738

West Manheim Township becomes "Second Amendment sanctuary"
    The township voted to approve an ordinance not to enforce certain federal gun laws.

WEST MANHEIM, Pa. —

West Manheim Township became a “Second Amendment sanctuary” on February 18.

The Township Board of Supervisors voted to approve a Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance (SASO), which prohibits the township from enforcing certain federal gun laws.

Supporters of SASOs say current federal gun law violates the Constitution. Opponents say Second Amendment sanctuaries violate federal law. People on both sides argue they are the ones following the Constitution.

To many, gun rights are a hugely important and sometimes emotional issue. Before the township meeting, an argument broke out between some residents.

The meeting was standing room only. Residents spoke both for and against the ordinance.

“It protects our rights under the Second Amendment for self defense, because it`s a crazy world we live in these days,” said Alicia Rouscher, sanctuary ordinance coordinator for Gun Owners of America.

“It would make them subject to liability because they obviously wouldn`t be following the law,” said Connie Hahn, lead of the York County Moms Demand Action.

The township would join nearly 400 municipalities in 20 states that are Second Amendment sanctuaries. Policies they would not enforce include red flag laws, taxes on gun purchases and bans on assault-style weapons.

“It`s crazy we have to do that but we will do it if we have to to protect our rights,” said Elam Stoltzfus of West Manheim Township.

“It`s a fear-mongering tactic to avoid talking about the issues that need to be addressed, which is the number of people who die every day in the state of Pennsylvania and nationally due to gun violence,” said Jonathan Hanover, an organizer with CeaseFirePA.

The term “Second Amendment sanctuary” comes from “sanctuary cities” that resist federal immigration laws by not enforcing some of them.

West Manheim Township’s ordinance is largely symbolic, as the only officials affected by this are the West Manheim Township Police. Pennsylvania State Police told FOX43 in a statement they enforce state law, not local ordinances.

Gun Owners of America will next seek to make all of Pennsylvania a Second Amendment sanctuary, Rouscher said.

A representative of Gov. Tom Wolf said in a statement, “...proposing a Second Amendment Sanctuary City is nothing more than a political move that does not advance the rights of law-abiding gun owners.”
    Last edited by alpacaheat; February 19th, 2020 at 12:31 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Default Re: West Manheim Twp (York County) is a 2A Sanctuary!

I'm considering contacting Ms. Rouscher to get this done not only in my township, but maybe for York County in totality.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; February 19th, 2020 at 01:08 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: West Manheim Twp (Lancaster County) is a 2A Sanctuary!

There is no West Manheim Twp in Lancaster, sure that's not York?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

That's West Manchester.

---You're right...York County. Even better news (for me). I made the assumption West Manheim would be next to Manheim in Lancaster. Must be like the Hanovers all over the state.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; February 19th, 2020 at 01:08 PM.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: West Manheim Twp (Lancaster County) is a 2A Sanctuary!

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    That's West Manchester.

---You're right...York County. Even better news (for me). I made the assumption West Manheim would be next to Manheim in Lancaster. Must be like the Hanovers all over the state.
    The Manheim that you're thinking of is actually Manheim Borough. There's a Manheim Township that isn't in Manheim. Then there's the Alan Parson's Project, which I believe was some kind of hovercraft.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    A GOA member took it upon herself to petition and get this vote passed in her township! I saw a video, Moms Demand showed up in uniform...and failed.

Article and video report:

https://www.fox43.com/article/news/l...b-4e077d23f738

West Manheim Township becomes "Second Amendment sanctuary"
    The township voted to approve an ordinance not to enforce certain federal gun laws.

WEST MANHEIM, Pa. —

West Manheim Township became a “Second Amendment sanctuary” on February 18.

The Township Board of Supervisors voted to approve a Second Amendment Sanctuary Ordinance (SASO), which prohibits the township from enforcing certain federal gun laws.

Supporters of SASOs say current federal gun law violates the Constitution. Opponents say Second Amendment sanctuaries violate federal law. People on both sides argue they are the ones following the Constitution.

To many, gun rights are a hugely important and sometimes emotional issue. Before the township meeting, an argument broke out between some residents.

The meeting was standing room only. Residents spoke both for and against the ordinance.

“It protects our rights under the Second Amendment for self defense, because it`s a crazy world we live in these days,” said Alicia Rouscher, sanctuary ordinance coordinator for Gun Owners of America.

“It would make them subject to liability because they obviously wouldn`t be following the law,” said Connie Hahn, lead of the York County Moms Demand Action.

The township would join nearly 400 municipalities in 20 states that are Second Amendment sanctuaries. Policies they would not enforce include red flag laws, taxes on gun purchases and bans on assault-style weapons.

“It`s crazy we have to do that but we will do it if we have to to protect our rights,” said Elam Stoltzfus of West Manheim Township.

“It`s a fear-mongering tactic to avoid talking about the issues that need to be addressed, which is the number of people who die every day in the state of Pennsylvania and nationally due to gun violence,” said Jonathan Hanover, an organizer with CeaseFirePA.

The term “Second Amendment sanctuary” comes from “sanctuary cities” that resist federal immigration laws by not enforcing some of them.

West Manheim Township’s ordinance is largely symbolic, as the only officials affected by this are the West Manheim Township Police. Pennsylvania State Police told FOX43 in a statement they enforce state law, not local ordinances.

Gun Owners of America will next seek to make all of Pennsylvania a Second Amendment sanctuary, Rouscher said.

A representative of Gov. Tom Wolf said in a statement, “...proposing a Second Amendment Sanctuary City is nothing more than a political move that does not advance the rights of law-abiding gun owners.”
    Wolf said that? He is correct it is a political move. The right one and it does advance rights of law abiding gun owners. Were it otherwise, Wolf would not have troubled himself to make those remarks.

(Juniata County)

There is a petition in Juniata County. Saw it at my mother’s mechanic.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(York County)

I am the one that got this SASO passed here. If you guys are willing to get more of York COunty finished, feel free to email me at AMRouscher84@comcast.net. Thank you for your support in this. We plan on getting the whole state at some point, we just have to start small and build up to the bigger picture

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by amrouscher84 View Post
    I am the one that got this SASO passed here. If you guys are willing to get more of York COunty finished, feel free to email me at AMRouscher84@comcast.net. Thank you for your support in this. We plan on getting the whole state at some point, we just have to start small and build up to the bigger picture
    Nice work, thank you! Maybe we can add Conewago township as well.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Nice work, thank you! Maybe we can add Conewago township as well.
    I can look into this township and get back to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast