Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: What if they come for your firearms?

I suppose you’re right. You don’t see the anti gunners just sitting around. Actually they’re anti American. An armed people in an American thing. I was watching something with Ben Shapiro arguing with piers Morgan of why we need an AR as a civilian. Piers kept almost laughing at Ben’s answer that we need them in case of a tyrannical govt. and piers is like you really think your govt is going to turn on you? Well duh... how stupid can you be to NOT think they won’t turn on you if given the chance. I’m sure the nazi party sounded pretty good being till they took the guns and took over the media. Kinda like the way the media in America is taken over.... oh and they trying to to take our guns ...

Quote Originally Posted by God and Guns View Post
    I suppose you’re right. You don’t see the anti gunners just sitting around. Actually they’re anti American. An armed people in an American thing. I was watching something with Ben Shapiro arguing with piers Morgan of why we need an AR as a civilian. Piers kept almost laughing at Ben’s answer that we need them in case of a tyrannical govt. and piers is like you really think your govt is going to turn on you? Well duh... how stupid can you be to NOT think they won’t turn on you if given the chance. I’m sure the nazi party sounded pretty good being till they took the guns and took over the media. Kinda like the way the media in America is taken over.... oh and they trying to to take our guns ...
    it's always a good show to watch piers get owned trying to debate guns.
    it might be the only thing keeping his power on, people watching youtubes of him getting owned by everyone from alex jones to random construction worker.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by God and Guns View Post
    May I ask approximately how old you are?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    The police will know all the handguns you have that were bought in PA via state police registry of sale.
    They may know how many you've purchased, but not how many you own. I have parents, grandparents, children and grandchildren. It's possible we've gifted each other many firearms that have been recorded by FFL dealers over the years.

just sayin...
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Butler County)

I really have a hard time seeing any type of law enforcement going "door to door" for confiscation anytime soon. There are just too many armed citizens out there to make that feasible, and quite frankly i would have to assume a sizable population of our LEO is on our side, not theirs. We all know the warnings of 1933 Germany to allow that to happen. Their only play here is through legislation - by slowly chipping away at our rights and brainwashing Americans that they're right until we finally get to a point where the majority of Americans don't believe in gun ownership and are unarmed already. We have to stay vigilant and ensure our message is as loud (and louder!) than theirs. This would take a long time, but something tells me they won't quit and neither should we.

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Their only play here is through legislation - by slowly chipping away at our rights and brainwashing Americans that they're right until we finally get to a point where the majority of Americans don't believe in gun ownership and are unarmed already.
    Which has been in play for some time now.
    Door to Door way too much work.
    The occasional door kick one "nut job" here and there once in awhile seems to work into their schedule better.
    I absolutely have zero faith law enforcement in large will refuse to work.
    It'd be nice to be wrong .....
    What would be nice , if those passing the laws were the ones who had to enforce it .....
    How sweet would that be ..... just go out and turn the water hose on them and get a broom after them.
    But we do have those different branches of government and while those lines do get blurred at times ...
    them politicians would never come knocking ..... to busy with the hookers and coke

(Erie County)

I had this discussion with a couple of folks and the responses were varied from the police will be able to confiscate to they will not be able to confiscate. I applied the scenario to my neighborhood based on what I know about my friends/neighbors. We have 18 homes on our street and I know that 6 of the 18 homes definitely own firearms. With that in mind I did a bit of looking.

I found that nation wide there is a ratio of between 1 and 3 police officers per 1000 citizens. In my township we have 60,000 residents and 60 police officers. That makes falls in at 1-1000. That also means that at any one time there are only a maximum of 20 officers on duty at one time in my area. That changes the ratio to 1-3000. (granted it may be possible to bring extra officers on to help but they would still be heavily out numbered). IF the police were to try and confiscate firearms and there was any resistance,(which I fully expect there to be) the police would be so out numbered that it would be an exercise in futility. Granted the police would be able to make some confiscations do to surprise and timing, BUT, once the word got out that this was occurring and folks decided that they would not comply and banded together and made it more than a 20-1 ratio things would change rather quickly.

I personally do not believe that this will ever happen in the near future and hope that it never will ,BUT, and that is a big but, if it ever does occur it will end badly for quite a few folks/officers before the powers that be realize that that they under estimated the resolve the citizens of their their communities.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    I had this discussion with a couple of folks and the responses were varied from the police will be able to confiscate to they will not be able to confiscate. I applied the scenario to my neighborhood based on what I know about my friends/neighbors. We have 18 homes on our street and I know that 6 of the 18 homes definitely own firearms. With that in mind I did a bit of looking.

I found that nation wide there is a ratio of between 1 and 3 police officers per 1000 citizens. In my township we have 60,000 residents and 60 police officers. That makes falls in at 1-1000. That also means that at any one time there are only a maximum of 20 officers on duty at one time in my area. That changes the ratio to 1-3000. (granted it may be possible to bring extra officers on to help but they would still be heavily out numbered). IF the police were to try and confiscate firearms and there was any resistance,(which I fully expect there to be) the police would be so out numbered that it would be an exercise in futility. Granted the police would be able to make some confiscations do to surprise and timing, BUT, once the word got out that this was occurring and folks decided that they would not comply and banded together and made it more than a 20-1 ratio things would change rather quickly.

I personally do not believe that this will ever happen in the near future and hope that it never will ,BUT, and that is a big but, if it ever does occur it will end badly for quite a few folks/officers before the powers that be realize that that they under estimated the resolve the citizens of their their communities.
    80 million gun owners, many are also veterans and law enforcement.
    military and law enforcement in the nation total at around 4 million, with about 1mil troops and 3mil officers.
    didn't factor in the national guard or UN stormtroopers.
    .the math just doesn't work in their favor unless they can keep the overwhelming majority of people asleep, comfortable, fat and lazy.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    80 million gun owners, many are also veterans and law enforcement.
    military and law enforcement in the nation total at around 4 million, with about 1mil troops and 3mil officers.
    didn't factor in the national guard or UN stormtroopers.
    .the math just doesn't work in their favor unless they can keep the overwhelming majority of people asleep, comfortable, fat and lazy.
    I agree, they are out numbered and they seem to be oblivious to that fact.
    We the people love our country so let the government fear us.

Quote Originally Posted by chp1911 View Post
    I agree, they are out numbered and they seem to be oblivious to that fact.
    gun owners(a lot of them) seem equally oblivious to the fact they have a superior position. so we watch our rights erode away but there was a new family guy on last night. and there was some game with cars and another with some leather ball.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234