Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Mass mailing to Wolf and Toomey

In the other sand box I play in, we are planning to have a coordinated mass mailing to Wolf and Toomey.

In previous years they were able to get about 400 people to do it.

With enough lead time maybe we can get more. I attached a rough draft.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Mass mailing to Wolf and Toomey

I didn't see where it read he will be dragged to the streets and tarred and feathered.

(Erie County)

Wow, that letter will scare the crap out of him [sarc]

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    Wow, that letter will scare the crap out of him [sarc]
    I guess you're right. I'll go back to watching dancing with the stars, eating my mcnuggets and sucking down some miller lights.

I'm sure the presence of lobbyists, mad mothers at the capitol, and people at rallies have no impact...and Fuck it, why bother voting.

When the laws are passed, when they want our guns registered and when they have their buy back, I guess that's when cunts like you will get out and do something.

(Philadelphia County)

Damn.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Damn.
    I don't know if the "damn" was meant for my strong response. But if it was, to be honest, the more PA gun owners I meet and come across, the more I feel I'm wasting my time and money.

It's very frustrating with the old retirees, fudds, NRA members, and rednecks. They have no interest in being active to defend their rights. The NRA members think the NRA has their back, the fudds think they won't come for their guns (evil black guns first..your sniper rifles are next), the rednecks don't realize that even though they will not comply, there are other means and pressure to make people comply.

(Allegheny County)

OK, I was going to post something about it giving him a good laugh, but I changed my mind.

Now that I've said it, I'll add what I intend as constructive criticism.

Perhaps you have forgotten your oath to uphold the Constitution or perhaps you have forgotten the
    context, so let me just disclose these two amendments in full verbatim.
    That is confrontational - it sets the tone for the rest, which he no longer cares about, because of the tone of the letter.

He hasn't "forgotten" the constitution - he knows it and either doesn't give a shit, or he truly believes that "doing something to make people safe" is a valid excuse for ignoring it. For the latter, you try to educate, but the way this starts out, he isn't going to care to be educated by someone who started out by throwing insults.

By supporting this legislation, you are in direct violation of your oath of office and We The People will
    immediately seek opportunities for your impeachment and impose criminal charges. This legislation does
    nothing to deter criminal activity and not only denies people of their Right to keep and bear arms, but it
    also denies due process (5th and 14th amendment), right to an attorney (6th amendment), and Search
    and seizure (4th amendment). This is just a partial list of how this legislation is unconstitutional.
    This all sounds decently worded except for the part from "We the people" (not sure why each is capitalized) to "criminal charges".
    That's the part he will laugh at.
    The rest of it is nice and factual. Leave it at that.

We The People demand that you cease and desist on your unconstitutional stance of your rights. I as
    well as countless other Pennsylvanians are watching and we anticipate that in the end, you will do what is
    constitutionally right by the people. Thank you for your time and consideration.
    The first line... is it worded correctly? Anyway, it seems a bit oer the top with the "cease and desist".
    The part about Pennsylvanians "watching" is great, (Pennsylvania VOTERS perhaps?) but I don't think anyone (including him) believes that you "anticipate that in the end, he will do as you wish". I don't know the right word or phrase to replace the "anticipate" part, but that just sounds "uncomfortable".

That's all. I just think it could use some tweaking. Someone else may think you should threaten to have his head on a pike though, so who is "right"?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    In the other sand box I play in, we are planning to have a coordinated mass mailing to Wolf and Toomey.

In previous years they were able to get about 400 people to do it.

With enough lead time maybe we can get more. I attached a rough draft.

Thoughts?
    I applaud the effort behind the letter.
    I'm not sure that it accomplishes its intent.

Wolf already knows he is violating our constitutional rights, he doesn't care.
    To him it's a political calculation, does the Democrat Party have enough votes to continue to seize power, or does attacking the 2A harm this overall goal.

In his calculation, he is not concerned with threats of criminal action since he knows the letter writers don't have the political power to make it happen.
    He also knows that the PA Supreme Court is now controlled by Democrats, and any legal action ultimately will be ruled in his favor.

So in essence, the question boils down to what is gained or lost by this letter in its current form, as opposed to what is gained by a letter campaign itself.
    If we agree that the current letter will be received as politically unsupported, then what you're sending is a threat with no weight behind it.

Threatening people is a touchy thing.
    True threats intimidate people and alter their decisions, empty threats make the threatening party look weak and vulnerable.

Liberal Democrats have been using threats and violence effectively for a while now, and they can do so because their ranks are full of uneducated, unemployed criminals.
    Conservatives are predominantly law abiding tax payers with a lot to lose by criminal action, and as a result the majority can't behave violently.

The Democrats know this and they use it against us.
    They know that short of civil war, most Conservatives have too much to lose to take up arms and storm the Capitol.

So short of violence against Liberal Democrat unconstitutional governance, and short of successful legal action against same, all that is left is voter participation.
    GOA/FOAC letter campaigns and political engagement are effective because they represent the valid threat of motivated voter reaction to anti 2A political activity.

Similarly, your grassroots letter campaign will be most effective if the threat it conveys is realistic and actionable.
    Communicating that the PA 2A community has had enough and is now organizing motivated voter turnout is probably the best message you can send.

It's your show over there, but if you want my 2 cents there it is.
    I appreciate your effort irrespective of your message, since stoking the 2A political groundswell is valuable in almost any form.

If you want me to fine tune the letter I can, but it looks to me like your people know how to write and only need input rather than editing.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Good intentions, but I agree that Wolf and Toomey couldn't care less about what gun owners/2A proponents think. Such letters are just discarded. We need to work on the population so they vote them out next election.

(Wayne County)

Send a copy to Shapiro.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast