Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default U.D. police searching for four who robbed Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint

Monday, October 20, 2008 1:30 PM EDT

By Linda Reilly, Times Correspondent

UPPER DARBY — Police are searching for the four men who they say robbed a local Dunkin’ Donuts shop at gunpoint Friday afternoon.

According to Upper Darby police Superintendent Michael Chitwood, the four suspects entered the store, 8910 West Chester Pike, at about 1:40 p.m. Friday. One of the suspects demanded money from the lone clerk working the counter and stuck a gun in her face, Chitwood said.

The suspects proceeded to jump over the counter and push the victim to the ground, police said. The men then raided the safe and the store’s cash register and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash, Chitwood said.

The suspects are described as four black males in their 20s, medium build, medium height, wearing black baseball caps and red, green and black hooded sweatshirts.

They are suspected in three other robberies that have occurred in the area since Oct. 10; including the holdup of the Pizza Hut at 236 S. 69th Street Thursday night. They may be linked to recent robberies of two Philadelphia Dunkin’ Donuts locations Oct. 10 and Oct. 18.

Anyone with information leading to the whereabouts of the four suspects are urged to call Upper Darby police at (610) 734-7677.

Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: U.D. police searching for four who robbed Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint

Sure hope the woman wasn't furt... and I KNOW the cops will work on this one REAL hard... dont want their supply lines cut....LOL

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: U.D. police searching for four who robbed Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint

Quote Originally Posted by schr8er2000 View Post
    Sure hope the woman wasn't furt... and I KNOW the cops will work on this one REAL hard... dont want their supply lines cut....LOL
    That's the first thought that came to my mind... geez, perps... don't mess with the Man's donuts!

I can see it now... numerous robberies lead to full-time deployment of LEOs at the donut shops... voluntary overtime duty gladly accepted.

By the way, it's very inconsiderate of that young fellow to be putting his feet on the counter like that... people have to eat there! I'm appalled.
    Last edited by Robert Kayland; October 20th, 2008 at 02:53 PM.

These scumbags, hope they get caught soon

Now a difficult question: If YOU had been there at the counter buying your favorite dozen (or more ) of donuts when these 4 jerks came in and you had a concealed handgun, would you have done anything?

I mention concealed only... because if you were OCing, they might have been deterred as some folks theorize.

Of course the other 3 may have been armed as well... which you might not have known until you drew your weapon.

A difficult call to be sure. They did threaten the employee with a gun to her face and probably would have threatened you as well.

Do you act and try to take on 4 guys, at least one who is armed, or just be a good witness, let it go down and then call the cops?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    These scumbags, hope they get caught soon

Now a difficult question: If YOU had been there at the counter buying your favorite dozen (or more ) of donuts when these 4 jerks came in and you had a concealed handgun, would you have done anything?

I mention concealed only... because if you were OCing, they might have been deterred as some folks theorize.

Of course the other 3 may have been armed as well... which you might not have known until you drew your weapon.

A difficult call to be sure. They did threaten the employee with a gun to her face and probably would have threatened you as well.

Do you act and try to take on 4 guys, at least one who is armed, or just be a good witness, let it go down and then call the cops?
    I have been thinking about that since I first read the article.

it all depends on how the situation unfolds in front of me. did they enter looking like trouble (faces hidden, hoods up, etc)?

Would I be able to tell if they were all armed or only the one.

Can I see the one holding the employee at gunpoint? or if I fire does that put her life in greater jeopardy?

did they all go behind the counter? If so do I have an opportunity to draw and fire as they come back over the counter?

can I get out of the shop and watch their egress?

It is all very fluid and the decision to engage or not engage has to take in to account the safety of others in the shop.

so I guess given what I know from the news I would be a good witness while looking for an opportunity to act.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    The suspects are described as four black males in their 20s, medium build, medium height, wearing black baseball caps and red, green and black hooded sweatshirts.

They are suspected in three other robberies that have occurred in the area since Oct. 10; including the holdup of the Pizza Hut at 236 S. 69th Street Thursday night. They may be linked to recent robberies of two Philadelphia Dunkin’ Donuts locations Oct. 10 and Oct. 18.
    not to be that annoying guy that pulls race into everything, but they wonder why racism still exists. i dont mean to offend anyone in any way, but stereotypes are based off of reality
    i got shot, you should buy my stuff

(Chester County)

Sooner or later they'll get caught, and we'll end up paying a public defender to get them off. When that fails we'll house and feed them for the next 5 or six years, where they'll learn to steal without getting caught on tape. And for what, probably the take from that heist amounted to about $50 bucks each, less than they could EARN standing on the other side of a counter for one shift. The criminal mind never ceases to boggle mine.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

damn, i live in upper dump why didnt i hear of this maybe because i dont read the toilet paper? anyway, what do you think will happen to them if they get caught? a couple of years? probably.

(Lancaster County)

based solely on the discription of the suspects and the location ive got a good idea who done it.
    sig sauer p239 .357 sig DC(open carry for now)
    witness .40s&w
    .22mag/lr revolver
    .22 remington rifle semiauto
    12 ga moss 500 pistol grip(loaded with slug hollow points)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(Delaware County)

Angry Re: U.D. police searching for four who robbed Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint

Saw this on the news the this morning. They think this same 4-some hit a Pizza Hut and 2 other places this month, all in the same area.

As to what I would have done had I been in there? Hard to say. Now that I've thought about it, I guess the smartest thing to do would have been to run like hell to get out of there, and get an accurate discription and plate info of the getaway car...and if no one was IN the car, disable it somehow...take the keys, flatten a tire, etc while calling Po-Po.

I live right down the street from UD, and used to go to UD at least once a week while the g/f was pregnant for her check-ups and what not. Dayum this is close to home.

Also, has it hit anyone else that the pictures don't match the descriptions? The pics that I see show two white folk.
    Last edited by Delcoadvocate; October 20th, 2008 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast