Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: You can't open carry at the mall

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    So, access to your home is by appointment only. Is that posted on your property?

Even public property can have limited access.
    Yes, they can have limited access. Which is why I put specific hours. I can go to a business during it's designated hours.

However, my residence doesn't have designated hours where the public can just walk in.

Quote Originally Posted by tallbump View Post
    I'll probably catch some flack, but I don't care.

I don't think malls/stores should be considered private property when it comes to restricting rights.

My home is private property. I don't allow the public to just come in during designated hours. I'm not "open" between 9AM and 9PM.

A store, and a mall, need the public to come in. Heck, they compel it with advertising and such.
    I disagree. As long as you are not being forced onto their property and have a choice to shop there or not. You can go elsewhere, no one is stripping you of that right. If they are paying or have paid for the property they have the right to set their conditions for entry. If they want to have a dress code it is their right. (No shirt.... no shoes.....no dice....).

If they have deeply inherent belief they should not be forced to go against that belief. (In some cases courts agree, sometimes they don*t)

Same with making products imo.

If someone has a bakery, and someone asks them to bake a cake for an event that they have beliefs against ...... they should not be forced to bake a cake for that event. It is their right as owners of the business and American citizens imo... If a customer does not like that policy they can go elsewhere.

If someone owns a company and pays for employee insurance.... but has a belief that abortion is wrong and does not want to pay for birth control, I do not think they should be forced to. If an employee has a problem with the policy, they can find other place to work.

The Bill of Rights is part of citizens protection from the government not each other. It limits the governments power not citizens power.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I disagree. As long as you are not being forced onto their property and have a choice to shop there or not. You can go elsewhere, no one is stripping you of that right. If they are paying or have paid for the property they have the right to set their conditions for entry. If they want to have a dress code it is their right. (No shirt.... no shoes.....no dice....).

If they have deeply inherent belief they should not be forced to go against that belief. (In some cases courts agree, sometimes they don*t)

Same with making products imo.

If someone has a bakery, and someone asks them to bake a cake for an event that they have beliefs against ...... they should not be forced to bake a cake for that event. It is their right as owners of the business and American citizens imo... If a customer does not like that policy they can go elsewhere.

If someone owns a company and pays for employee insurance.... but has a belief that abortion is wrong and does not want to pay for birth control, I do not think they should be forced to. If an employee has a problem with the policy, they can find other place to work.

The Bill of Rights is part of citizens protection from the government not each other. It limits the governments power not citizens power.
    I have seriously thought about this too.

I have come to a different conclusion, though, for a few reasons.

In the case of baking a cake. The reason a baker should not be forced to bake the cake is because the cake is part of the wedding ceremony, forcing the baker to participate in something they don't agree with. It's not discriminating against a homosexuals, it's not participating in the wedding. There is a distinction, and the courts have agreed. A baker can't say I am not selling you a birthday cake just because you're gay.

The abortion/birth control pills thing is a religious issue, same as the wedding cake. And you're not preventing someone from getting it, you're just not paying for it

(Erie County)

Yes, they can have limited access. Which is why I put specific hours. I can go to a business during it's designated hours.

However, my residence doesn't have designated hours where the public can just walk in.

But it has specific hours that the public has access to your home.

According to your post I quoted, your house is not open from 9 am to 9 pm.

So there is access from 9 pm to 9 am?

asking for a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lancaster County)

The abortion/birth control pills thing is a religious issue, same as the wedding cake. And you're not preventing someone from getting it, you're just not paying for it
    People can have a problem with abortion without it being a religious issue.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Be careful about fooling with private property rights. The government should have no say what you will or won't allow on your property. Government control over private property is the communist wet dream and they've been steadily eroding away of those property rights.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Be careful about fooling with private property rights. The government should have no say what you will or won't allow on your property. Government control over private property is the communist wet dream and they've been steadily eroding away of those property rights.

This^^^^^

There*s already too much of people telling others what they have to do with their property in society. Forcing business/property owners in situations like we are discussing is taking away their rights.

Many people who seem to be all for liberty and rights seem to be too willing to take liberty and rights away from others. *Hey I think I should have the right to carry on your property that no one is forcing me to enter...... therefore I want to take away your rights on the property/business that you have worked hard for. So what if you are against firearms, I want the government to force you to let me carry on your property. My rights trump yours because I say so*.

Almost like how dare someone use their liberty in a way that I don*t approve of.

In my eyes messing with property rights is as bad as messing with gun rights. It should not be done.

Heck look at John Locke who*s philosophy had a tremendous amount of influence put a persons right to property as one of the most important things a person can have.
    Last edited by internet troll; March 21st, 2021 at 09:37 PM.

I have seriously thought about this too.

I have come to a different conclusion, though, for a few reasons.

In the case of baking a cake. The reason a baker should not be forced to bake the cake is because the cake is part of the wedding ceremony, forcing the baker to participate in something they don't agree with. It's not discriminating against a homosexuals, it's not participating in the wedding. There is a distinction, and the courts have agreed. A baker can't say I am not selling you a birthday cake just because you're gay.

It comes down to forcing a person to do something that they are morally against. That*s not a power I want the government to have whether it*s forcing property owners to allow people to carry firearms on their property or. bake a cake for a cause they don*t agree with. I use to have a tag line that went something like *every time you let the government take rights from someone else, you make it easier for them take rights away from yourself*. It applies in this situation.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    All was very civil.

I removed the mag and the chambered round. They emptied the rounds from the mag. It was 'behind the curtain' so to speak so only the guard, the cop, and I were present/visible. I moved deliberately and slowly and they did not seem on high alert or concerned. Well, the guard seemed a little off because I guess this was out of the ordinary. (He was not an armed guard.) The cop was calm, cool, and polite about the whole thing.

Fear of 'handling' a firearm in public seems a little bit of an over reaction.
    Imagine being happy about someone touching your shit instead of just leaving it alone in the lock box. Also why are they having people unnecessarily manipulate their firearms instead of just putting them directly from the holster to the lockbox? Terrible security procedures at this place.
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    Probably not a POOFER. We all no dis.
    Do we though?

Maybe some of us do. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast