Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P365

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Sig P365

Mine is much more accurate with 115 gr bullets as opposed to 124 or 147, and eats +p but again, sacrifices accuracy. I'm referring to self defense training only, 7-10 yds in a combat stance. The 12 rd magazine is an incredible break thru for a gun this size.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Cumberland County)

Great gun imo if the size is right for you. I find it too small and although I love mine, I don't carry it due to it being so small and not as comfortable for me to draw and/or shoot. I have handled the 365 xl and like that much better. I will probably add that to the list to get at some point If size is ok for you though - I think it's a great edc choice.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Great gun imo if the size is right for you. I find it too small and although I love mine, I don't carry it due to it being so small and not as comfortable for me to draw and/or shoot. I have handled the 365 xl and like that much better. I will probably add that to the list to get at some point If size is ok for you though - I think it's a great edc choice.

That’s how I felt about the G43 unless I carried it with +2 extensions. Went with the G43x recently same size as the G43 with a +2 and get 2 more rounds and a bit of a wider gripe that fills my medium to smallish hands perfectly without making any significant difference when carrying vs something like a G26.

Out of all my time spent with the tiny 9’s I’ve found that smaller does not transfer to better in this caliber, especially with accuracy and handling while firing.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 2nd, 2020 at 01:54 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

I just purchased one a few days ago. I had 40 failures to go into battery out of the first 50 shots fired. After i ripped it apart cleaned it and added milcom t-25 grease to the rails its been flawless the next 150 rounds.

The trigger is amazing great break, great reset, is pleasant to shoot. I like it better then i thought i would. Once i found the hold point i was ringing a 3 inch plate at 35 yards pretty consistently.

Buy one.

(Bucks County)

Guess I gotta be the bad guy here. P365 XL doesn't like to run dirty, not that you would keep it dirty. I don't know just how dirty yet, but it doesn't cycle properly if you don't clean it often. This is usually expected for obvious reasons, but I don't like it as a characteristic of a gun that I would carry for self defense. It feels really nice to fire though. I'd use it as my carry if I trusted it more.

I only have experience with the XL variant of the P365, so it is based on that.

Finally broke down and bought a P365. I think cabin fever and shiny object syndrome got the best of me. I'd been holding off to get one until I had a chance to shoot it. I was concerned that being as light as it is it was going to be snappy like my P938. Well, I'm happy to report that this thing is fucking great. I ran some hotter S&B 124gr ammo through it along with some 135gr handloads. The recoil was manageable with the S&B and downright easy with the reloads. More so than my P938. I also ran Underwood 90gr Xtreme Defense, 65gr Xtreme Defense, and Liberty Civil Defense 50gr 9mm ammo. The gun ate all of it up without issues. The 90gr Underwood was the snappiest and probably the least pleasant to shoot. The 65gr Underwood and the Liberty 50gr felt about the same - very light recoil and very accurate. The gun overall is plenty accurate for its given task. It was easy to hit a 6" plate at 25yds.

Only gripe was the curved trigger. The sharp edge and slight gap has a tendency with snappier ammo to bite my finger. I've already ordered a flat trigger which should resolve that problem.

So far, very pleased.

(Cumberland County)

Thanks to a tip from a member, I ordered a 365 xl frame for $39.99 and did the one pin trigger assembly changeout and I now have a nice 365 xl
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Thanks to a tip from a member, I ordered a 365 xl frame for $39.99 and did the one pin trigger assembly changeout and I now have a nice 365 xl
    I was going to do that, but then decided I'm just going to buy a P365 XL either later this year or next. Got to see how my other gun purchases fair this year.

(Allegheny County)

I picked up a p365 over the weekend. I really love it with the exception of the sights. The sights are off and pretty much with my eyes they are a black wall. I want to put some fiber optics on it.
    Have any of you changed the sight's? If so what are you running?
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I picked up a p365 over the weekend. I really love it with the exception of the sights. The sights are off and pretty much with my eyes they are a black wall. I want to put some fiber optics on it.
    Have any of you changed the sight's? If so what are you running?
    I find these sights to be the best on the market and have switched all my defensive firearms over to them which are all Glocks.

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/truglo-...ig-sauer-p365/

You maybe able to find them for a few bucks less elsewhere but their price seems to be in line. Note these DO NOT fit the 365 XL version.
    Last edited by Hodgie; June 9th, 2020 at 06:52 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast