Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Interest in a trip over to Ammoman from SEPA?

I'm thinking about playing hookey one afternoon and taking a trip over to Ammoman in West Berlin NJ either this coming week or next.

I'll be taking my E350 Passenger Van so plenty of room/weight capacity if anyone would be interested in joining me.

Leaving from Montgomeryville. FYI. I might be making a quick stop in Philly/Jewelers' Row on the way down. I'm not parking in Philly with cases of ammo in the back.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Interest in a trip over to Ammoman from SEPA?

Before you go check with ammoman to see if you can buy if you are thinking about handgun ammo.

A new New Jersey law 2C:58-3.3:

2C:58-3.3 "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.

1. a. As used in this act, "handgun ammunition" means ammunition specifically designed to be used only in a handgun. "Handgun ammunition" shall not include blank ammunition, air gun pellets, flare gun ammunition, nail gun ammunition, paint ball ammunition, or any non-fixed ammunition.

b.No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor.

c.No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of handgun ammunition to a person who is under 21 years of age.

d.The provisions of this section shall not apply to a collector of firearms or ammunition as curios or relics who purchases, receives, acquires, possesses, or transfers handgun ammunition which is recognized as being historical in nature or of historical significance.

e.A person who violates this section shall be guilty of a crime of the fourth degree, except that nothing contained herein shall be construed to prohibit the sale, transfer, assignment or disposition of handgun ammunition to or the purchase, receipt or acceptance of ammunition by a law enforcement agency or law enforcement official for law enforcement purposes.

f.Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the transfer of ammunition for use in a lawfully transferred firearm in accordance with the provisions of section 1 of P.L.1992, c.74 (C.2C:58-3.1), section 1 of P.L.1997, c.375 (C.2C:58-3.2) or section 14 of P.L.1979, c.179 (C.2C:58-6.1).

g.Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the sale of a de minimis amount of handgun ammunition at a firearms range operated by a licensed dealer; a law enforcement agency; a legally recognized military organization; or a rifle or pistol club which has filed a copy of its charter with the superintendent for immediate use at that range.
    Don't see an exception for out-of-state residents nor would I interpret a LTCF as necessarily a "valid" permit to carry since its not recognized in NJ.

A call in advance may save you a trip.

(Berks County)

Make sure to call first, Ammoman has odd hours, make sure he is open.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the tips.

I had heard about the odd hours and had planned on contacting therm in advance with my order and to set up an appointment.

Did not know about the handgun ammo issue w/ NJ. Wanted mostly rifle and was going to take advantage of pick-up discounts, but had though about some handgun stuff too - guess that will have to ship.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Before you go check with ammoman to see if you can buy if you are thinking about handgun ammo.

A new New Jersey law 2C:58-3.3:

Don't see an exception for out-of-state residents nor would I interpret a LTCF as necessarily a "valid" permit to carry since its not recognized in NJ.

A call in advance may save you a trip.
    Of course the NRA is all over this?

(Delaware County)

I called there a couple months ago and spoke to a woman who told me that I would have to have some sort of NJ permit...and that I basically could not come over to pick up the ammo.

So do call and see if you get the same answer.

Quote Originally Posted by -JD- View Post
    I'm thinking about playing hookey one afternoon and taking a trip over to Ammoman in West Berlin NJ either this coming week or next.

I'll be taking my E350 Passenger Van so plenty of room/weight capacity if anyone would be interested in joining me.

Leaving from Montgomeryville. FYI. I might be making a quick stop in Philly/Jewelers' Row on the way down. I'm not parking in Philly with cases of ammo in the back.
    I'm not sure what his policy is but from what I was told from Dick's in Jersey and Ray's Sport Shop in North Plainfield NJ is that you need a Firearm ID card to purchase ammo in NJ now. That is the ID you need just to purchase a handgun in Jersey. They told me that it was a state law. Just an FYI
    Bazinga

(Montgomery County)

JD,

Let me know what you find out. I may take the trip depending on when you leave and what you find out.

(Montgomery County)

I'll call tomorrow AM to get a sense of what is allowed and when they are open. I'll post what I find

(Delaware County)

Don't forget that sales from the storefront will have 7% NJ sales tax added. I once considered a trip over the river myself, but after figuring in the gas, tolls, tax and time, UPS got the nod...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast