Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: AR Pistol Build for Car Gun

Quote Originally Posted by flejl View Post
    Instead of a pistol AR, I consider buying a Mossberg Shockwave.

If you need close up defense from inside or around a vehicle, it is hard to beat 12 gauge 00 buckshot.
    You'd have to explain because I'm not understanding how 12 ga 00 buck is "hard to beat" in or around a vehicle.

Nor can I see how operating a pump shotgun IN a vehicle would be a bonus vs a semi auto anything.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You'd have to explain because I'm not understanding how 12 ga 00 buck is "hard to beat" in or around a vehicle.

Nor can I see how operating a pump shotgun IN a vehicle would be a bonus vs a semi auto anything.
    My 10.5 SBR has an OAL of 29.5 my mossberg shockwave oal is 26"....the controls on a shockwave are also closer to the user. Meh, I would take my chambered Glock 19 over having to fumble with trying to chamber a 5.56 round or a 12 gauge shell.

Outside the vehicle my 10.5 SBR, or a AR pistol takes the cake all day.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

https://www.remington.com/other-products/v3-tac-13

Well theres the remington tac 13, so a semiauto shotgun/pistol/firearm/geez whatever its legal classification is. Then a few companies make pistol "braces" making it a sbs of sorts, but vehicle legal.

https://suarezinternational.com/tac-13-arm-braces/

None of this is cheap though, an AR or ak patterned pistol would be more cost effective. Running anything with length in a vehicle is tough, trunk guns are another story though.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Northampton County)

Now that it looks like I kicked a hornets nest...

A 12 gauge shockwave will transfer allot of energy to a close up target very well and is less likely to go a long distance afterward.

5.56x45 or .223 for the civilian world will not be able transfer as much energy at close range as implied by vehicle carry, it is that simple; the 556 round will go through the bad guy and go a very long distance, possibly hitting targets that should not be included in the situation, like children, cars, houses, etc...

If the goal was an engagement at longer ranges, then pick you rifle caliber.

For those who prefer a pistol, great, do that if you are more comfortable. For me I carry one of two pistols chambered in 45 ACP, these hold 10 or 14 rounds in the mag. I like 45ACP and use the pistols I have very well, others may prefer other calibers, go with the pistol and caliber you like.

For me, a Shockwave is the best answer for the stated problem, your opinion and experience may be different.
    Last edited by flejl; March 24th, 2020 at 12:36 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Awesome reply!
    As originally posted, it was hard to know what thought process was being used.

Thanks for not getting defensive with the explanation.
    I tried not to sound like a dick when I quoted you, but this medium can leave a lot to interpretation.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234