Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms may lose FFL

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    You gotta get up to Cranberry and see Keystone Shooting Center sometime. It's a site to behold. A true 21st century shop and range. I've never had anything but pleasant experiences there.

Unlike AA that was negative the two times I went there.

Yeah, over the years, I've not seen a whole lot of positive comments about the staff at AA.
    Personally, I always got the feeling I wasn't worth their time when I was there looking at things.

That said, when I took my wife (pre-marriage?) there to teach her to shoot, the guy at the range was outstanding. He let her shoot a wide range of handguns until she determined that a 9mm was "just right".
    We did buy the G19 there in appreciation of all the time he spent helping us out that day.
    This was many years ago though and it's not convenient, so I haven't been there in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    This isn't some rinky-dink, hole in the wall, gun shop either - Anthony Arms is pretty big, and while I haven't been there in many years, it always seemed "too rich for MY blood" when I walked in the door. Not just because the prices are high, but the whole place is much more upscale than any shop I've been to.

I was expecting something other than a sale to a non PA resident to be the cause of a FFL revocation.
    Seems strange.
    Its been about 2 years since I've been there and it sure went down hill. The ace just looked dirty compared to how it used to be. Guns just tossed in the glass cases that were mostly empty etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Yeah, over the years, I've not seen a whole lot of positive comments about the staff at AA.
    Personally, I always got the feeling I wasn't worth their time when I was there looking at things.

That said, when I took my wife (pre-marriage?) there to teach her to shoot, the guy at the range was outstanding. He let her shoot a wide range of handguns until she determined that a 9mm was "just right".
    We did buy the G19 there in appreciation of all the time he spent helping us out that day.
    This was many years ago though and it's not convenient, so I haven't been there in a long, long time.
    That's exactly it.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Mifflin County)

If a Shop loses their FFL, how do they get rid of remaining Inventory ?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    You gotta get up to Cranberry and see Keystone Shooting Center sometime. It's a site to behold. A true 21st century shop and range. I've never had anything but pleasant experiences there.

Unlike AA that was negative the two times I went there.
    It's a really nice shop but their prices suck. They had to pay for those fancy bathrooms somehow.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    If a Shop loses their FFL, how do they get rid of remaining Inventory ?
    Typically they are given so many days to sell their inventory to another FFL.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    It's a really nice shop but their prices suck. They had to pay for those fancy bathrooms somehow.
    Yeah, well, I suspect their location is strategic.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

There are three local fire companies which use AA for their gun bashes which will be occurring in the next few months. It’s going to be interesting to see what happens.

Didn’t they lose their FFL once before?

(Washington County)

I am acquainted with some people who worked there in recent years, didn't like it, and moved on.

From what I recall hearing, Anthony Arms was a side business for the owner of Anthony Crane, and when the boss retired from the crane business he dug into the gun store business as a retirement gig and was just making it craptastic.

I have been to the indoor range once with someone using a "free range time coupon", and stopped into the store to browse around a few times when I was in the area and had time to kill. I won't miss it.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Westmoreland County)

As of this past Sunday, they were unable to do any PICS checks and I was unable to pick up a gun I had on layaway from 12/8. Was told their license "is in litigation" and to check back later this week but no real idea what was going to happen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast