Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Talking Grouse with a bow? ... yup

Well, first day in the stand this year. Bowhunting for deer of course

Thought I might not get to do much/any hunting but have been feeling better the last week-two.

Didn't get out till late thought. Too bad, looks like the movement was early AM today and I missed it... No deer all day. Saw a hawk get a field mouse. He perched in a dead tree about 30 yards from my stand and ate it. Pretty cool.

Only saw one other critter all day...

This big guy wandered across the wrong archer Guess he didn't know it was opening day. Poor little fella'.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Grouse with a bow? ... yup

damn all I shot was a ground hog!

put a judo point right through his chest... little bastard tried crawling away with my arrow! so I stuck him to the ground with a Muzzy :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Smallest thing I ever shot was a Turkey. Guess you beat me. It's cool shooting birds with bows though.

(Fayette County)

Hope you had your orange on when you shot it, since you posted the pic on the internet and all

Nice shooting. I have a shot a few ringnecks with a recurve, it's a lot of fun. I always say hunting small game with a bow is a big challenge and fun, however most people get locked into hunting deer only and that's a shame.
    "Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Coop650 View Post
    Hope you had your orange on when you shot it, since you posted the pic on the internet and all

Nice shooting. I have a shot a few ringnecks with a recurve, it's a lot of fun. I always say hunting small game with a bow is a big challenge and fun, however most people get locked into hunting deer only and that's a shame.
    not sure you need orange when in your treestand.............anyway good shootin patriot. also nice piebald.

Someone I know got a pheasant with a bow hunting some fields with his dogs...now, he had taken shots at 4 of them before he managed to get one but still, a flushed pheasant with a bow is pretty impressive.

(Luzerne County)

Looks good!! I guess it wasn't just me that had bad luck yesterday. I was on SGL 91 and didn't see squat! The were two chipmunks and a couple doves that flew by, but that was it. Still, it was good times!

(Luzerne County)

Nice shooting.

I haven't archery hunted in several years, and wanted to get back into it this year..........but alas, I didn't

But as for the orange, I would think it would be needed since when you take the shot you are no longer archery hunting for deer, you are now small game hunting and the rules/regs for small game would apply.

(Delaware County)

That's awesome! Nice sized grouse too. I almost got one with my truck last weekend.

(Westmoreland County)

is that a brittany spaniel i have one he does not hunt but is awesome buddy my best friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast