Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Kurt Cummings Stepping Down

Kurt Cummings is leaving his position as Chief of Public Safety at A Pocono Country Place effective February 1, 2019.

Rumor has it, he's opening a restaurant. I've heard he's a good baker, but a horrible cook. We'll see.

Good riddance, Cummings.

Default Re: Kurt Cummings Stepping Down

Any info as to who will be taking his place at APCP ?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Any info as to who will be taking his place at APCP ?
    Not that I've heard. They are interviewing from within and accepting applications from outsiders. Hopefully, they get someone that will do the overhaul APCP needs.

I know several Security,Not one of them wants to apply for the job !

(Monroe County)

The public safety department is overworked and under paid. As a result, the turnover rate is extremely high and morale is very low. The board won't budge on paying a competitive wage, but they want people to give their all and move mountains when need be. Public safety Corporals make 16 an hour, public safety officers make 13 an hour and gate officers make 10 an hour. Who are you keeping at that rate with all the headaches they have to deal with.

Then you have people like Reed who spend the night in Monroe county jail for impersonating an officer and they get a slight suspension. That sounds like something worth termination to me, but Cummings won't fire anybody, unless they're white.

(Monroe County)

Kurt Cummings allows gate Officer Depiano, who does midnight to 8 in the k gate to work under the influence of drugs. Reason being, Depiano's father is Vice Chairman of Pocono mountain regional PD committee.

Somebody can be waiting for an ambulance and Depiano will be nodding off at the gate making it difficult for them to gain access to your home.

All random drug tests are scheduled for when Depiano isn't there and he's never tested.

When I moved to PFE 19 years ago and looking for wok I applied to APCP Security with all my credentials and getting my ACT 235.I was at first impressed by the shoulder patches stating PEACE OFFICER ! Yeah well I did my 25 years in that capacity and it was explained that by the Previous Chief that they were instructed by the State to remove that designation,Seems a lot of security at that time took it that they were real POLICE OFFICERS,well we all know what happened to the last Chief,I wont go into that here but the APCP Public Saftey does has a few Officers that take their job seriously just putting in time till they can get their ACT 120.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    When I moved to PFE 19 years ago and looking for wok I applied to APCP Security with all my credentials and getting my ACT 235.I was at first impressed by the shoulder patches stating PEACE OFFICER ! Yeah well I did my 25 years in that capacity and it was explained that by the Previous Chief that they were instructed by the State to remove that designation,Seems a lot of security at that time took it that they were real POLICE OFFICERS,well we all know what happened to the last Chief,I wont go into that here but the APCP Public Saftey does has a few Officers that take their job seriously just putting in time till they can get their ACT 120.
    There's a bunch of them moving on to better things. Some have been recruited to pocono mountain regional police and there's 1 or two that have been recruited to Virginia state police. I'm very happy for those guys and wish them the best.

I'm really just sick of Cummings and the special favors he does for his buddies and the quid pro quo that he's all about while trying to convince people that he's a good guy.

(Monroe County)

I stopped by Cummings new restaurant "wingz and a prayer" and I was pleasantly surprised. The food was good, the atmosphere was warm and inviting. I'd recommend it to people passing through the Pocono summit area.

(Allegheny County)

I'm confused.

It reads something like if I were to post that the owner of Dick's Sporting Goods moved on and opened a restaurant, and then I posted that I went there to eat, and that Irecommended people patronize his new business.

Did I misunderstand something in the OP?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast