Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ in Texas

https://www.kiro7.com/news/trending/...6uxBqTRW7e8lms

WHITE SETTLEMENT, Texas — Two people were killed and another is in critical condition Sunday morning after a shooting at a Texas church.

The shooting took place at the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement near Fort Worth, KTVT said in a tweet.

MedStar spokeswoman Macara Trusty told The Dallas Morning News that one person died at the scene of the shooting, one person died en route to a hospital, and another person was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.

Update 1:40 p.m. EST Dec. 29: According to KTVT a witness said the gunman walked up to a server during communion and opened fire. According to the witness, another church member shot the suspect.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; December 29th, 2019 at 03:43 PM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Default Re: Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at a Texas church.

That one got taken care of quickly. Damn good thing there was an armed citizen there and he knew what to do.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ in Texas

I hope it was the shooter among the dead. I was wondering why there is not more about this on today's news.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Default Re: Good guy shoots bad guy shooter at West Freeway Church of Christ in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I hope it was the shooter among the dead. I was wondering why there is not more about this on today's news.
    It just happened this afternoon and the other story I read indicated that one of the deceased is, in fact the perp. Though I doubt that this will get much positive coverage for us.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    It just happened this afternoon and the other story I read indicated that one of the deceased is, in fact the perp. Though I doubt that this will get much positive coverage for us.
    For sure "good guy with a gun " just don't fit the lib narrative

(Juniata County)

WHITE SETTLEMENT, Texas — Two people were killed and another was in critical condition Sunday after a shooting at a Texas church.

The shooting took place at the West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement near Fort Worth, KTVT said in a tweet.

MedStar spokeswoman Macara Trusty told The Dallas Morning News that one person died at the scene of the shooting, one person died en route to a hospital, and another person was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.

Content Continues Below
    Here are the latest updates:

Update 3:48 p.m. EST Dec. 29: In the livestream video from Sunday morning service, a man believed to be the shooter stands up when the congregation greets each other, shakes hands and leaves the building, KXAS reported.

The man re-entered the church and sat down, the television station reported. After standing up, the man pulls out a firearm and begins shooting, KXAS reported.

According to the video, another man pulls out a handgun and shoots the suspect, the television station reported.

CBSDFW

@CBSDFW
    #UPDATE: The third man in critical condition died en route to the hospital but was resuscitated and is currently undergoing surgery. Two other victims were injured trying to duck and cover but have been treated and released. https://cbsloc.al/2MGv7Ql

View image on Twitter
    2:25 PM - Dec 29, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    29 people are talking about this
    Church leaders then ask the congregation to sit down while security officials tend to the wounded,

“Everything is under control. Our security team did exactly what they needed to do, but we do have one of our members that’s injured, so please,” someone is heard saying on the video. “We have a gentleman that came in armed to do harm, and the police are on their way.”

Update 2:56 p.m. EST Dec. 29: One of the men killed at the West Freeway Church of Christ was the shooter, MedStar officials told WFAA.

MedStar officials told KTVT earlier Sunday that the third victim, who was in critical condition, died en route to the hospital but was revived. He is undergoing surgery at an area hospital, the television station reported. Two other people were injured while trying to take cover, but have been treated and released, KTVT reported.

Update 2:07 p.m. EST Dec. 29: “It’s a very tragic day,” Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman Mike Drivdahl told reporters. “Our hearts and prayers go out to all the families that were affected by this incident.”

Nataly Keomoungkhoun

@natalykeo
    I’m at West Freeway Church of Christ in Fort Worth, where a shooting occurred this morning. @dallasnews has reported 2 dead and one in critical condition. Church attendees are still inside giving witness statements.

Read here for the latest: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...te-settlement/

View image on Twitter
    1:53 PM - Dec 29, 2019
    34 people are talking about this
    Update 1:40 p.m. EST Dec. 29: According to KTVT a witness said the gunman walked up to a server during communion and opened fire. According to the witness, another church member shot the suspect.

“It was the most scariest thing. You feel like your life is flashing before you. I was so worried about my little one,” Isabel Arreola told the television station.

Update 1:13 p.m. EST Dec. 29: The church was live-streaming its service at the time of the attack, according to WFAA. Parishioners at the mostly full church appeared to duck behind pews and covered their heads, according to the livestream.

The suspected shooter was among the people taken to the hospital, authorities said.

CBSDFW

@CBSDFW
    #BREAKING: 2 dead, 1 critically injured after shooting at West Freeway Church of Christ in White Settlement: https://cbsloc.al/2MGv7Ql

View image on Twitter
    1:07 PM - Dec 29, 2019
    108 people are talking about this
    Original report: Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman, Mike Drivdahl, said the agency sent out an “active threat” assignment about 11:30 a.m. local time, the newspaper reported
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Juniata County)

Dec. 29 (UPI) — Two people were slain and another is in critical condition after a shooting during a service at a Christian church in a suburb in Fort Worth, Texas, on Sunday morning.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...pected-gunman/

The shooting occurred at the West Freeway Church in White Settlement, The Dallas Morning News reported. White Settlement is a city in Tarrant County with a population of 16,116 at the 2010 census

One of the victims is believed to be the suspect.

MedStar spokeswoman Macara Trusty confirmed that one person died at the scene of the shooting and one person died en route to a hospital. The third person was listed in critical condition.

Fort Worth Fire Department sent out an “active threat” assignment about 11:30 a.m. to assist White Settlement police and fire

The gunman walked up to a server during communion with a shotgun and then opened fire, Isabel Arreola told KTVT-TV.

Another church member shot the suspect, according to the witness.

“It was the most scariest thing. You feel like your life is flashing before you. I was so worried about my little one,” Arreola said.

Sunday’s service was live streamed on YouTube but the video that showed the shooting has since been made private.

Two years ago, Devin Kellen opened fire inside another Texas church killing 26 people and wounding more than 20 others before he shot himself to death. It occurred at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, which is 280 miles south of Fort Worth.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Lehigh County)

A friend who lives in Texas. Just msg'd me the church's video of the shooting.
    Notice how many people pulled out their own weapons in defense.

https://streamable.com/m8sly
    --ET

(Juniata County)

One news report said the criminal had a shotgun. Unknown. If anyone can find the video I would be very interested in reviewing it.

Regardless, the Church's security team did a damned good job, and put him down quickly.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast