Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Annual Harrisburg Rally - June 8, 2020 - Save the date

I only live min,it's from the capitol and still plan to show up after my dentist appointment.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

(Elk County)

IMO, Metcalfe's political leadership pressured him to knock it off for fear of a 2A/Antifa/BLM clash with lives lost. And who pressured the political leadership, same party or not?

Gov. Wolf.

Just a hunch, but it works.

That wuss Stolfer just helped.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Well looks like the anti-gun types just found the silver bullet to squash the second amendment rally every year. Just email a *credible threat*. My guess is this is gonna be the last *official* rally hosted by anyone in the government because this will become an annual tactic to shut it down.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Well looks like the anti-gun types just found the silver bullet to squash the second amendment rally every year. Just email a *credible threat*. My guess is this is gonna be the last *official* rally hosted by anyone in the government because this will become an annual tactic to shut it down.
    There were credible threats for the Pittsburgh rally too.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    WOW.

State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) announced that the event was postponed in an email sent at 4:40 p.m. Wednesday.

Metcalfe said the decision to postpone the event was based "on new information we received earlier today" and was made in "the best interest of the rally's attendees, speakers and our men and women in blue who protect and serve."

Stolfer provided additional details, saying he received an email Wednesday morning from someone he didn*t know who said he was aware of a threat being shared online.

"Individuals were going to portray themselves as Second Amendment activists," Stolfer said, describing the threat. "They were going to mix with the crowd and then they were going to start killing people. And the effort was to denigrate and cause a loss of prestige among legislators by misuse of firearms and to destroy our reputation."

Stolfer declined to provide a copy of the email, saying he wanted guidance from law enforcement officials. Stolfer said after he received the email, he contacted Metcalfe who then contacted law enforcement.

Stolfer said he spoke with Pennsylvania Capitol Police on Wednesday. Troy Thompson, a spokesperson for the Pennsylvania Department of General Services, which oversees Capitol Police, didn't immediately have details when contacted by a reporter.

Stolfer said about 1,500 to 2,000 people were expected to attend. The rally moved inside the Capitol a few years ago, Stolfer said, because of bad weather one year.
    Gee. Where have we heard that before.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Lancaster County)

What I always find amazing by these "credible threats" is that they're made by email, and supposedly the "authorities" get involved, but yet we never hear of any arrests. Just like all those people that claim they get death threats because they did something to piss off someone. Either the "authorities" really suck ass at tracking down these things done through systems that are easily tracked, or the threats just ain't real.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    There were credible threats for the Pittsburgh rally too.
    There were also "credible threats" for the VA Rally.

This is bullshit. If there was ever a time when we need a 2A rally, the time is now.

gov shutting the country down demonstrating their power and control, Riots, domestic terrorists, the shitbags/animals getting more daring and forward. National Guard deployed. Trump is not a true friend of the 2A. When the shitbags start using guns regularly I guarantee all guns will be targeted also.

(Butler County)

I sent Metcalfe quite a long-winded message telling him I really hope he shares some kind of details of this to prove it really is credible, and that he also get his shit together and get this rescheduled and not let it just hang in the wind. These circumstances are a bit stranger than normal, yes, but this has to be the only time we get derailed because of it or we're done.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Annual Harrisburg Rally - June 8, 2020

I am so pissed right now (pissed as in angry, not pissed like the UK term for being drunk).

I am going anyway and I will be open carrying. I am also going to put fucking wheels on the poofa table and push it around the streets of harrisburg.

Fuck credible threats. Fucking pussies.

Hard times breed hard men. Soft times breed soft weak girlie men. This whole fucking country is soft...except for the protestors and rioters.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JDA58 View Post
    so like there still going to be a cook out???
    Hell yes! You guys are all still welcome, after I get back from the rally PROTEST in Harrisburg!!
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; June 3rd, 2020 at 10:10 PM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 77 of 108 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast