Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1077
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Annual Harrisburg Rally - June 8, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    My $.02...I have all I need to keep in touch with the world right here and over on fakebook and I keep some sort of reins on my stuff and I don't need to add anything more right now. I even just thinned the static on fakebook this week. I could see a use for something else if it was going to do/allow things that aren't allowed here but at the moment I'm not seeing any. The notion of, "Hey, we have to go over here to discuss the rally", is reminiscent of having a fort and having to go there to talk about girls when I was a kid and I don't get it. If it was to develop into a political machine, that could be a different story.

Furthermore, if some were to consider a coup of some sort, which would be verboten here, I would not recommend reducing any of it to text or transmit it in a manner which could be intercepted and used as evidence against those involved.
    To add some clarification, PA2A was specifically created and split out of PAFOA to be a platform for *planning* 2A rallies. From my understanding, it's been made very clear that PAFOA has no intention of being that type of platform. We will always post rally info for everyone here when it's put together and ready to be shared, but the nitty-gritty details of figuring everything out, communicating with other parties, etc will be done there.
    -Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Who "broke off"? PA2A is simply trying to fill a gap not covered by the more political groups. They (we) basically try to coordinate with all the different groups to make sure everyone knows when any of the others are doing something and leverage the strengths of each to make any event more successful.

Was there something that happened that you feel was missed? Now that a new date has been announced, I'm sure we'll start gearing up....and even follow through (again) if another scary email gets sent and the big names are too scared to come out in public view.
    Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Speaking of PA2A, has anyone heard from Justin lately?

There's your answer. He seemed very disappointed about PAFOA, almost to the point where he wanted to make a break from it,

I fully support what he does over there and hope he keeps it up, but it did feel like he was trying to separate himself from here. I hope that both sites can work together for a common goal. 2A supporters let infighting and differences get in their way too much.

He made a comment over there "We're trying to drive this a the rally planning place since activism is dead at PAFOA. " He also clearly said there was a "split". I wish it didn't have to be that way. People can be active contributors at both places and I see no reason why both can't work together. I get he's excited about the new venture and I'm doing what I can to contribute and help Justin make it a success over there, but lets face it, PAFOA has a huge base of people that PA2A should work with. To me, there's no reason anyone has to choose one or the other and no reason both organizations can't work together.

I don't necessarily agree with that. Just off the top of my head...Justin when he was more active here, Bern, scruff, Walleye, jhaydeno, streaker, RL Suehr, OF&U, Gixxer, howard stiffy, pens87, PA_Robert, you gnbrotz, myself and please forgive me if I didn't mention anyone else (many others I'm sure) but we have a SOLID base of organizers here at PAFOA who have put in a lot of hours on our own time to contact people and makes things happen.

I hope Justin is doing well and there's no animosity with PAFOA. I'm not on Facebook so maybe he's still getting things done there, but he has been quiet at both forums for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    To add some clarification, PA2A was specifically created and split out of PAFOA to be a platform for *planning* 2A rallies. From my understanding, it's been made very clear that PAFOA has no intention of being that type of platform. We will always post rally info for everyone here when it's put together and ready to be shared, but the nitty-gritty details of figuring everything out, communicating with other parties, etc will be done there.

I do hope that's all it is, but I've seen a couple of random comments over there about that makes me second-guess that it's all that simple.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; July 30th, 2020 at 12:30 PM.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Montgomery County)

To clarify further.

There is more involved with the activation of PA2A than any individual's personal comments about Poofa or anything else.
    There were detailed discussions related to political and structural realities that necessitated its activation.

I and others have no intention of splitting away from Poofa, and this has been communicated to all involved.
    Poofa serves an important role in the PA 2A community, and dividing our base is counterproductive.

All relevant PA2A political action information will be available on Poofa.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    To clarify further.

There is more involved with the activation of PA2A than any individual's personal comments about Poofa or anything else.
    There were detailed discussions related to political and structural realities that necessitated its activation.

I and others have no intention of splitting away from Poofa, and this has been communicated to all involved.
    Poofa serves an important role in the PA 2A community, and dividing our base is counterproductive.

All relevant PA2A political action information will be available on Poofa.
    Bern-
    I would hope so, I'm not looking to miss out on anything, just keeping me shit at a manageable level.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

I would hope so, I'm not looking to miss out on anything, just keeping me shit at a manageable level.
    IMO...as you know for the most part.. it's been the same group of PAFOA members give or take going to the Rallies (Adding new ones all the time..) PA2A is looking to reach out to other groups in Pa. Oh.Va. Wv. etc to help join in, that may not be members here.. Its because of our dedicated members that PA2A was formed..Get the word out to the masses not just PAFOA.. But info will be shared here and Facebook and any place someone will listen ..

PA2A is not looking to replace PAFOA..

(Franklin County)

I see PA2A is the meeting hall for many of us "doers". There is much private discussion and delegation that goes on there before details are rolled out to the forums that are visible to all, (and to here, and social media, and anywhere else).

It also gives us the ability to plan, do, and even speak to the press without the automatic association with PAFOA. Not that that's a bad thing, but it's been clear from day 1 that this org doesn't want it's name on the activities of anyone who uses the site. Even if you explicitly say that, it's easily overlooked if all of the discussion happens here.

If a reporter says "PA2A is planning......" there's no issue, because that's exactly correct.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

complaining about pa2a is akin to complaining about the planning that never touches the internet due to its sensitivity or the stuff that happens in private messages.
    it's just someplace else to go, i don't even see the lack of activity as a fault. it isn't full of random chitter chatter like poofa is, which is what poofa is for.

and expect from this point on that all rallies will be shut down on last minute notice due to threats, do not forget this. but do ignore it.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lycoming County)

I'm here and on PA2A, because we can do things through there that isn't possible here. It's an addition, not a divide in the community. This site is a general hangout for "gun" people, but isn't specifically for activism. PA2A was created specifically for activism.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    complaining about pa2a is akin to complaining about the planning that never touches the internet due to its sensitivity or the stuff that happens in private messages.
    it's just someplace else to go, i don't even see the lack of activity as a fault. it isn't full of random chitter chatter like poofa is, which is what poofa is for.

and expect from this point on that all rallies will be shut down on last minute notice due to threats, do not forget this. but do ignore it.

You're right. As we get closer and closer to November, threats will still remain and maybe even intensify. Then there's also the enemy INSIDE the building we'll be meeting at. I don't expect the Governor's lockdowns and restrictions letting up at all until after the election.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Dauphin County)

I'll be at this rally, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled again.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108 LastLast