Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast

Default Re: Annual Harrisburg Rally - June 8, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Had to leave early (after the rally, but before the BBQ) because of a last minute schedule change back at home.

It was a very safely run rally. The weather was perfect. The attendees were well behaved. Some random thoughts:

- I think streaker, heatheroo, and a few others finally noticed my "Mondale/Ferraro" bumper sticker. I was 8 years old when they suffered the greatest electoral college loss ever in a general election (I think?) - but still remember it. It is, of course, completely tongue-in-cheek.

- Apparently I made the same mistake a handful of others made going into the garage through some sort of unmarked entrance (not the main entrance). I'm going to review my dashcam to see if I missed some obvious signs, but after calling the parking folks 3 times (twice at the payment kiosk, once at the exit gate thingie), they finally opened the gate for me WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY AT ALL!! I asked the girl on the other end of the intercom how I was supposed to pay and she responded "somebody opened the gate for you". Ok, I drove through. Thank you person who gave me free parking. It's always the idiots who benefit from the hardworking taxpayers....

- Kudos to the guys having a rational discussion with the only counter-protester I saw (crude sign - "Guns are for people who can't use their words")

Security, comms, etc. were fantastic. Huge thanks to Justin, Gixxer, Streaker, Jeff (sorry I couldn't make the BBQ), and everybody else who put in time and money on this. I can't wait for a "rescheduled" event, and if not - next year!
    How many heads showed up?

(Westmoreland County)

I'm very sorry I couldn't make it this morning. Some last minute scheduling conflicts with my wife's ongoing kidney stone Dr. altered my plans. I'm pleased all went well for you folks.

(Lycoming County)

Had to leave early (after the rally, but before the BBQ) because of a last minute schedule change back at home.

It was a very safely run rally. The weather was perfect. The attendees were well behaved. Some random thoughts:

- I think streaker, heatheroo, and a few others finally noticed my "Mondale/Ferraro" bumper sticker. I was 8 years old when they suffered the greatest electoral college loss ever in a general election (I think?) - but still remember it. It is, of course, completely tongue-in-cheek.

- Apparently I made the same mistake a handful of others made going into the garage through some sort of unmarked entrance (not the main entrance). I'm going to review my dashcam to see if I missed some obvious signs, but after calling the parking folks 3 times (twice at the payment kiosk, once at the exit gate thingie), they finally opened the gate for me WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY AT ALL!! I asked the girl on the other end of the intercom how I was supposed to pay and she responded "somebody opened the gate for you". Ok, I drove through. Thank you person who gave me free parking. It's always the idiots who benefit from the hardworking taxpayers....

- Kudos to the guys having a rational discussion with the only counter-protester I saw (crude sign - "Guns are for people who can't use their words")

Security, comms, etc. were fantastic. Huge thanks to Justin, Gixxer, Streaker, Jeff (sorry I couldn't make the BBQ), and everybody else who put in time and money on this. I can't wait for a "rescheduled" event, and if not - next year!
    Lol

Saw that bumper sticker, I wondered who's it was.

(Lycoming County)

(Lycoming County)

Great rally, decent turnout for a "cancelled" event. Glad I made the treck. Zero problems that I saw. I'm sure a couple of us are on the news this evening, since they covered it. Betting they're disappointed nothing bad happened, so probably won't be more than just a 2 minute blurb most places.

(Chester County)

I didn't know where the River St. garage was, so I parked where I usually park, in the high-rise garage down behind the State Building about 3 blocks. I never felt safer, there were near 100 officers and troopers staged on the outside parking area, complete with command center RV, MRAP and about 10 mounted police officers. There were only about 60 or 70 cars in the whole garage with only 1 other vehicle parked on level 2 alongside my truck. I greeted several of the officers on my way to the rally and as always they were very cordial.

After the rally, about noon, as I was walking past the assembled groups of officers and troopers, they were chowing down on what later would be revealed as a buffet type lunch set up on the first floor of the garage where most of the cops were assembled. I briefly chatted with the Police Chaplain and another officer and explained that things were breaking up a little earlier than usual because we were not able to access our Reps and Senators offices this year. I thanked them for their support and protection again this year and wished them all an uneventful and pleasant afternoon, much like the morning had been.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Great rally, decent turnout for a "cancelled" event. Glad I made the treck. Zero problems that I saw. I'm sure a couple of us are on the news this evening, since they covered it. Betting they're disappointed nothing bad happened, so probably won't be more than just a 2 minute blurb most places.
    I was listening to the Rich Zeoli Podcast. Their newscaster did mention it was going on. They did misreport a bit and said it had originally been cancelled because of Covid 19 concern. But the Zeoli show is pro 2nd.

(Allegheny County)

So, uhhhh, no blood in the streets?

I believe metcalfe postponed until next spring. Someone has to verifty though.

Zeoli is usually good.

Also looking for headcount. And only one counterpritestor? Was there even a lives matter rally at all?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    I believe metcalfe postponed until next spring. Someone has to verifty though.

Zeoli is usually good.

Also looking for headcount. And only one counterpritestor? Was there even a lives matter rally at all?
    Probably around 250-300 for a head count and no, there was no "lives matter" or any other protest down there at all. Maybe something going on later, but I didn't see any.

Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast