Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast

Default Re: Annual Harrisburg Rally - June 8, 2020 - Save the date

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    For some reason I was never impressed with JD and what used to be a low impression just keeps getting lower.
    Not a trustworthy source in my opinion. From what I've seen, he may be craving attention.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Exactly what is out of our control? Being able to see yours truly Metcalfe and a couple of his guest speakers? He doesn't control the turnout.

And yes we need more info. Until then I don't see why everyone walks away from this.
    https://papost.org/2020/06/03/gun-ri...rganizer-says/

WOW.

State Rep. Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) announced that the event was postponed in an email sent at 4:40 p.m. Wednesday.

Metcalfe said the decision to postpone the event was based "on new information we received earlier today" and was made in "the best interest of the rally's attendees, speakers and our men and women in blue who protect and serve."

Stolfer provided additional details, saying he received an email Wednesday morning from someone he didn*t know who said he was aware of a threat being shared online.

"Individuals were going to portray themselves as Second Amendment activists," Stolfer said, describing the threat. "They were going to mix with the crowd and then they were going to start killing people. And the effort was to denigrate and cause a loss of prestige among legislators by misuse of firearms and to destroy our reputation."

Stolfer declined to provide a copy of the email, saying he wanted guidance from law enforcement officials. Stolfer said after he received the email, he contacted Metcalfe who then contacted law enforcement.

Stolfer said he spoke with Pennsylvania Capitol Police on Wednesday. Troy Thompson, a spokesperson for the Pennsylvania Department of General Services, which oversees Capitol Police, didn't immediately have details when contacted by a reporter.

Stolfer said about 1,500 to 2,000 people were expected to attend. The rally moved inside the Capitol a few years ago, Stolfer said, because of bad weather one year.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Lancaster County)

Someone please look up the stats on the number of mass shooters that sent an email describing what they were going to do before they do it. I mean, that number has to be in the thousands, right?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Sorry but KS is another one who kan KMA.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Someone please look up the stats on the number of mass shooters that sent an email describing what they were going to do before they do it. I mean, that number has to be in the thousands, right?

Indeed. The pranksters won this round.

That said, no organizer in his right mind would risk the chance that it happens, and have blame placed at their feet for failing to take measures to avoid a massacre after having been warned.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

IF ANTIFA and BLM weren't actually marching around Harrisburg and the whole country as we speak, I'd say cancelling is a joke.

There may have been something to this one..even if not, the potential is still there. I had already decided not to bring my son on Monday because of those groups being in the area.

We just got screwed on the timing.

Possibly fake pandemic...no big deal. Rioting thugs and a Governor who not only supports their efforts but JOINS IN...that could be a problem. True, we are the ones with guns, but that won't end well for their lives OR OUR RIGHTS. Would be a BAD look in a volatile time politically.

They better reschedule. Stay on Metcalfe's butt about that.

Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Clinton County)

FUCK Kim Stolfer with a rusty T-post, sideways.

I don't believe a word of it. This was his intention to derail Pittsburgh and now Harrisburg, and he succeeded because now our lord and savior Metcalfe says it's over and everyone just shrugs their shoulders and accepts it.

This really pisses me off.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Butler County)

I really have to believe that Metcalfe wouldn't kill this event unless there was a really good reason, especially after that awesome fuck you email to Wolf. It may be BS or it may not be, but IMO it's not worth the risk.

(Lancaster County)

Don't know if it's legit, a buddy from Lemoyne just told me the 2A rally has been canceled ! I'll look into it, unless someone here knows for sure if it's been canceled !

Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast