Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Philadelphia LTCF question.

Question, I have a LTCF. My husband is going to apply for one this week. I have a Security 9 registered to me, he has NO HANDGUNS registered to him, can he carry my Ruger? Or do I need to transfer it to him? We are legally married, living in the same house.

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Philadelphia LTCF question.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattyclaire View Post
    Question, I have a LTCF. My husband is going to apply for one this week. I have a Security 9 registered to me, he has NO HANDGUNS registered to him, can he carry my Ruger? Or do I need to transfer it to him? We are legally married, living in the same house.
    The short version is there is no firearms registry in Pennsylvania.
    And you can loan any person who has a LTCF your firearm.

https://blog.princelaw.com/2016/12/0...r-federal-law/

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Yes, you can lend a handgun to another PA resident who has a current PA LTCF.

You can also lend or rent anything to any non-prohibited person as long as you stay right there and maintain custody and control; you can let your buddy shoot your handgun at the range, but you have to stay in the immediate vicinity. You can't let them keep shooting while you run out for some beer.

Long guns are not controlled with respect to transfers between non-prohibited PA residents.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    § 6115. Loans on, or lending or giving firearms prohibited

(a) Offense defined.--No person shall make any loan secured by mortgage, deposit or pledge of a firearm, nor, except as provided in subsection (b), shall any person lend or give a firearm to another or otherwise deliver a firearm contrary to the provisions of this subchapter.

(b) Exception.--

(1) Subsection (a) shall not apply if any of the following apply:
    (i) The person who receives the firearm is licensed to carry a firearm under section 6109 (relating to licenses).
    (ii) The person who receives the firearm is exempt from licensing.
    (iii) The person who receives the firearm is engaged in a hunter safety program certified by the Pennsylvania Game Commission or a firearm training program or competition sanctioned or approved by the National Rifle Association.
    (iv) The person who receives the firearm meets all of the following:
    (A) Is under 18 years of age.
    (B) Pursuant to section 6110.1 (relating to possession of firearm by minor) is under the supervision, guidance and instruction of a responsible individual who:
    (I) is 21 years of age or older; and
    (II) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).
    (v) The person who receives the firearm is lawfully hunting or trapping and is in compliance with the provisions of Title 34 (relating to game).
    (vi) A bank or other chartered lending institution is able to adequately secure firearms in its possession.
    (2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the transfer of a firearm under 20 Pa.C.S. Ch. 21 (relating to intestate succession) or by bequest if the individual receiving the firearm is not precluded from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105.
    (3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the loaning or giving of a firearm to another in one's dwelling or place of business if the firearm is retained within the dwelling or place of business.
    (4) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the relinquishment of firearms to a third party in accordance with 23 Pa.C.S. § 6108.3 (relating to relinquishment to third party for safekeeping).

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    You are correct.....here's the fine print.

(June 13, 1995, 1st Sp.Sess., P.L.1024, No.17, eff. 120 days)
    § 6115. Loans on, or lending or giving firearms prohibited.
    (a) Offense defined.--No person shall make any loan secured by mortgage, deposit or pledge of a firearm, nor, except as provided in subsection (b), shall any person lend or give a firearm to another or otherwise deliver a firearm contrary to the provisions of this subchapter.
    (b) Exception.--
    (1) Subsection (a) shall not apply if any of the following apply:
    (i) The person who receives the firearm is licensed to carry a firearm under section 6109 (relating to licenses).
    (ii) The person who receives the firearm is exempt from licensing.
    (iii) The person who receives the firearm is engaged in a hunter safety program certified by the Pennsylvania Game Commission or a firearm training program or competition sanctioned or approved by the National Rifle Association.
    (iv) The person who receives the firearm meets all of the following:
    (A) Is under 18 years of age.
    (B) Pursuant to section 6110.1 (relating to possession of firearm by minor) is under the supervision, guidance and instruction of a responsible individual who:
    (I) is 21 years of age or older; and
    (II) is not prohibited from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms).
    (v) The person who receives the firearm is lawfully hunting or trapping and is in compliance with the provisions of Title 34 (relating to game).
    (vi) A bank or other chartered lending institution is able to adequately secure firearms in its possession.
    (2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the transfer of a firearm under 20 Pa.C.S. Ch. 21 (relating to intestate succession) or by bequest if the individual receiving the firearm is not precluded from owning or possessing a firearm under section 6105.
    (3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the loaning or giving of a firearm to another in one's dwelling or place of business if the firearm is retained within the dwelling or place of business.
    (4) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the relinquishment of firearms to a third party in accordance with 23 Pa.C.S. § 6108.3 (relating to relinquishment to third party for safekeeping).
    (June 13, 1995, 1st Sp.Sess., P.L.1024, No.17, eff. 120 days; Nov. 10, 2005, P.L.335, No.66, eff. 180 days)

2005 Amendment. Act 66 added subsec. (b)(4).
    Cross References. Section 6115 is referred to in section 6108.3 of Title 23 (Domestic Relations).
    § 6116. False evidence of identity.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; December 15th, 2019 at 03:28 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Once your husband gets an LTCF he can carry your gun and you can carry his. There's nothing on an LTCF that specifies what gun you carry anymore that was done away with years ago. Although PA says it's illegal to have gun registration PA blatantly and arrogantly flouts the law by having a Record of Sale which is de facto registration but even with that husband and wife can interchange guns without transferring.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Philadelphia County)

In Philadelphia? Because we are like a black hole here! Philly is strict!

(Montgomery County)

Philly may have a different opinion, but you could legally guft him the firearm right this second and he legally owns it with no transfer needed as you are husband and wife.

There is no official or legal handgun registry in Pennsylvania.
    Only a record of sale.

(Juniata County)

In Philadelphia? Because we are like a black hole here! Philly is strict!
    Philly is required to follow the same laws as the rest of the Commonwealth. The courts have reminded them of that.

Also, welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Philly may have a different opinion, but you could legally guft him the firearm right this second and he legally owns it with no transfer needed as you are husband and wife.

There is no official or legal handgun registry in Pennsylvania.
    Only a record of sale.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah I know! But your not allowed to open carry in Philly. I know it’s stated you can, but the cops can be dicks! Philly doesn’t want to give us permits but they are required by State law to! This city is totally against it technically!

(Philadelphia County)

Thank you PAMedic!

(Chester County)

Yeah I know! But your not allowed to open carry in Philly. I know it’s stated you can, but the cops can be dicks! Philly doesn’t want to give us permits but they are required by State law to! This city is totally against it technically!
    Convince your friends, family and neighbors to stop voting for people that only want to make you their servants.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast